MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Diwali Dinner 2008 kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-06-2008 01:47 PM
IRIS: A Drama Production by Students for Students lorend First Year Success 0 06-06-2008 02:57 PM
Meals And Manners Etiquette Dinner Event Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-10-2008 07:39 PM
Meals And Manners ~ Etiquette Dinner 2007 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-17-2007 11:10 AM

Dinner (a MacInsiders Production)

Old 09-12-2009 at 04:12 PM   #150
Mowicz
Elite Member
Program: Mathematics & Statistics
Year: Alumni

Liked: 529 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellye View Post
MOWICZ... I'm not MELANIE... I'm MELISSA
Throwing 'Melanie' into my post was a way to make light of the mistake I made face to face. xD (I tried to write down all the memorable stuff)

The mistake (in person) was a legitimate mistake...but on here I have the luxury of seeing your name below every post. lol. Not to mention, I have a cousin named Melissa. S: Though I guess it's the same as everyone consistently calling Mark "Mike" (even his own parents. lol)

---------------

I did forget to mention however, that most people forgot their coupons. My attempt at remedying this?

"I'm going to pay the exact amount on this bill. If you want to give me the 12% discount, and accept that as a tip, you're free to do so." xD
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 09-14-2009 at 10:58 AM   #151
feonateresa
Elite Member
Program: Cognitive Science of Language
Year: Fourth

Liked: 196 Times
So, who's going to write the review? :]
Old 09-14-2009 at 12:28 PM   #152
adrian
Elite Member
Program: Software Engineering
Year: McMaster Employee
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 143 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
So, who's going to write the review? :]
done
Old 09-14-2009 at 03:24 PM   #153
crucif3x
Program: Life Science
Year: First
Residence: Moulton Hall

Liked: 21 Times
Yea... just got uploaded the pics of the "lasagna soup" from my iPhone to my laptop. They should be up today. Epic food there man... epic... but I'll give them a month before i write a final verdict. Gotta give them a "grace" period, since they are new.
- Moulton Hall
Old 09-14-2009 at 03:53 PM   #154
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper
Program: Commerce
Year: Fourth

Liked: 454 Times
mmm, I'm willing to try it again with less people to see if the service would improve.
Old 09-14-2009 at 04:08 PM   #155
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)
Program: Business
Year: Other
Residence: Brandon Hall

Liked: 91 Times
I am pretty sure it will improve. It has only been a week and they will definitely learn from all the screw ups during this first week or two. I mean it is a new venue after all so it is expected that there will be some screw ups at first.
Old 09-14-2009 at 04:27 PM   #156
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.
Year: Third
Residence: SOCS!

Liked: 1,373 Times
Why are people like, "oh just give them a chance, they're new..."

In the real world, restaurants fail if they have a crappy opening night. >_< Let alone a crappy opening 2 weeks.

You guys are much too sympathetic/optimistic. D:

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-14-2009 at 04:32 PM   #157
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff
Program: BA (Hons) CSCT and Anthropology, BA (Hons) English & Indigenous Studies
Residence: Whidden

Liked: 507 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Why are people like, "oh just give them a chance, they're new..."

In the real world, restaurants fail if they have a crappy opening night. >_< Let alone a crappy opening 2 weeks.

You guys are much too sympathetic/optimistic. D:
In the real world, you don't have the majority of your staff being 18-22...that inexperience is playing a definite part.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Nino likes this.
Old 09-14-2009 at 04:41 PM   #158
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
In the real world, you don't have the majority of your staff being 18-22...that inexperience is playing a definite part.
As someone else mentioned, out of 20k some odd students, I would imagine there were a handful of them with restaurant experience. Even *I* have restaurant experience (that's saying something =P)

Experience is one thing, I get that. For some, it could be a whole new experience. But, EVERYONE has been to a restaurant. Everyone hates waiting for a table or being ignored when you're at a restaurant. Everyone knows what makes a horrible dining experience. They should just think of what THEY hate when they're going out to eat and apply it to their new job. If they can't control the food, they can take charge of the things they -can- control.

Last edited by lawleypop : 09-14-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-14-2009 at 05:13 PM   #159
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff
Program: BA (Hons) CSCT and Anthropology, BA (Hons) English & Indigenous Studies
Residence: Whidden

Liked: 507 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
As someone else mentioned, out of 20k some odd students, I would imagine there were a handful of them with restaurant experience. Even *I* have restaurant experience (that's saying something =P)

Experience is one thing, I get that. For some, it could be a whole new experience. But, EVERYONE has been to a restaurant. Everyone hates waiting for a table or being ignored when you're at a restaurant. Everyone knows what makes a horrible dining experience. They should just think of what THEY hate when they're going out to eat and apply it to their new job. If they can't control the food, they can take charge of the things they -can- control.

You'd think so. But seriously, a lot of people don't put two and two together.

When I worked at Compass, there were people who would purchase things from me who were incredibly rude. And they were servers at a few places close to campus...and were just as rude. And I'm not an ******* to people...especially those who serve my food (anyone seen Waiting?)

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-14-2009 at 05:18 PM   #160
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
You'd think so. But seriously, a lot of people don't put two and two together.

When I worked at Compass, there were people who would purchase things from me who were incredibly rude. And they were servers at a few places close to campus...and were just as rude. And I'm not an ******* to people...especially those who serve my food (anyone seen Waiting?)
Dane Cook right? Hilarious. How would you not taste a lugee (lugey? loogey?) in your sammich. D:

Old 09-14-2009 at 05:27 PM   #161
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)
Program: Business
Year: Other
Residence: Brandon Hall

Liked: 91 Times
lol I forgot to mention that I also went to the dinner. Haha, I was the guy wearing the Maroon suit and sitting at the end of the table.
Old 09-14-2009 at 06:00 PM   #162
adrian
Elite Member
Program: Software Engineering
Year: McMaster Employee
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 143 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino View Post
lol I forgot to mention that I also went to the dinner. Haha, I was the guy wearing the Maroon suit and sitting at the end of the table.
Oh yea, I talked to you. Nice to know your username

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search