ABB Thode Tunnel adam7takeo General Discussion 40 03-09-2010 08:49 AM
Stabbing in Thode Rossclot General Discussion 19 03-03-2010 10:33 PM
More wireless at Thode! KristaG General Discussion 20 11-18-2009 06:21 PM

Disappointed with Thode

Old 11-26-2009 at 01:32 AM   #16
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

It's actually stuck on the side KTH, but near where KTH and TSH join up - if you go to the left and up when you go through the door into KTH near DBAC (above the Tank) it's near there
Old 11-26-2009 at 02:04 PM   #17
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Marlowe View Post
I don't get why it has to have a cafe of any sort, its a library. It should be for studying. Plus there's countless places on campus to eat within a 5 minute walk.

Thode is still my favourite library by a long shot, but it really isn't useful for anything besides group work at this point.

And a repost, since its pretty relevant to this thread as well:

The computer labs in the second floor of BSB tend to be really quiet, and since the monitors are mounted you get lots of desk space. The computer lab in the Psych Complex is also generally pretty empty, although it closes early (5ish). Hamilton Hall is pretty dead during exam time, and is a great study environment. I also like the empty classrooms in BSB and MDCL, they tend to be very quiet (however I'm not sure if they stay unlocked during the exam period).
MDCL is a great place to study. Only problem is you get kicked out at 10... if you stay late the cops come
Old 11-26-2009 at 05:10 PM   #18
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

I was sitting in Mills, on the 5th floor beside a maconnect wireless sign. I could not get connected! Im so tired of crappy study areas:(
Old 11-26-2009 at 05:11 PM   #19
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

yea...last year i used to go to thode all the time but now whenever i go there, theres always too many people there...SIGH, however im planning on turning my closet into a tiny study area with pillows and lights, and padding the entire area so i cant hear my neighbours, that has potential to be pretty awesome

xo.monica likes this.
Old 11-26-2009 at 09:55 PM   #20
salimak

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDorkulateD View Post
yea...last year i used to go to thode all the time but now whenever i go there, theres always too many people there...SIGH, however im planning on turning my closet into a tiny study area with pillows and lights, and padding the entire area so i cant hear my neighbours, that has potential to be pretty awesome
Ha that's so funny.. i think I need one of those areas...you should post a pic haa

OMG internet at thode is so slow right now....Its not even worth using
Old 11-26-2009 at 11:29 PM   #21
Flag

Liked: 35 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmasud View Post
where is innis library. i should try that out sometime

You know when you go into the wokery from outside? Go Up the stairs rather than down...

Or, go towards the Tank, go up the stairs rather than down to the Tank, go in the set of doors across, and go up the stairs.
Old 11-26-2009 at 11:55 PM   #22
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

A better description, please? Lol, I have no idea where you're referring to. I don't think I've been to that library either, ever.
Old 11-27-2009 at 12:06 AM   #23
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
A better description, please? Lol, I have no idea where you're referring to. I don't think I've been to that library either, ever.
Step 1: Locate DeGroote School of Business
Step 2: Go Inside (From Parking Lot Entrance)
Step 3: Turn right when you pass the elevators and continue down that hallway all the way to the end
Step 4: Go through doors on your right at the end of the hallway, continue straight until the wall, Innis is on your right.

Enjoy.

Alchemist11, macsci all say thanks to PTGregD for this post.