Liked: 598 Times

That looks awesome!

PS: This one's in theatres Aug 14.
Old 08-10-2009 at 10:04 AM   #3
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times

I'm so excited for District 9!
I hope it doesn't turn out to have some political agenda or something..
I just want to see some aliens
Old 08-10-2009 at 10:23 AM   #4
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Saw the movie trailer when I went to see Terminator Salvation and I've been hyped ever since. Hopefully its not a dissapointment like Terminator was haha.
Old 08-10-2009 at 11:12 AM   #5
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

I'm also hyped for this movie. So far most of the movies this summer have sucked. This is definitely the year of CGI + explosions + no plot, lol.
Old 08-10-2009 at 11:24 AM   #6
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

I can't wait! It doesn't seem like a movie that would make a huge box office hit but I've seen a lot of trailers for it suprisingly on TV so I hope it does well. I've read some reviews and they say it's really good, it actually has well developed characters and a story *cough* unlike Transformers 2.

Last edited by jachill : 08-10-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-10-2009 at 11:25 AM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

I'm not so sure how I feel about this one. I guess because I can't really gather what the plot is about. But I've never had qualms with Peter Jackson's work so...I dunno?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-10-2009 at 12:07 PM   #8
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
I'm not so sure how I feel about this one. I guess because I can't really gather what the plot is about. But I've never had qualms with Peter Jackson's work so...I dunno?
Basically about a group of aliens who are the last of their kind that come to Earth. And the Humans wont let them leave cause they want all that super cool alien technology that only the alien DNA can activate. Thats what i read on IMDb a while ago lol.
Old 08-10-2009 at 12:08 PM   #9
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherH View Post
I'm so excited for District 9!
I hope it doesn't turn out to have some political agenda or something..
I just want to see some aliens
It's definitely got some political agenda, although I don't know how deep that will run. The idea behind "district 9" is directly related to the District 6 of Johannesburg during the Apartheid.
Old 08-10-2009 at 12:23 PM   #10
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

I remember the first time I saw a D9 ad, "no non-humans allowed". I thought it was a campaign against dogs in a bus shelter. ;__; I got so confused that I had to look it up.
Old 08-10-2009 at 12:41 PM   #11
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus View Post
I remember the first time I saw a D9 ad, "no non-humans allowed". I thought it was a campaign against dogs in a bus shelter. ;__; I got so confused that I had to look it up.
Ya at first glance I was confused. I actually tried out the number on the ad 1-866-666-6001. "Press 1 to report any non-humans in your area" haha
Old 08-10-2009 at 12:41 PM   #12
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
I'm also hyped for this movie. So far most of the movies this summer have sucked. This is definitely the year of CGI + explosions + no plot, lol.
I was definately disappointed by Wolverine, Terminator and GI Joe. And I LOVE those kinds of movies :(

Transformers ROTF was good. Gamer (comes out September) looks good too.
Old 08-10-2009 at 12:42 PM   #13
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
It's definitely got some political agenda, although I don't know how deep that will run. The idea behind "district 9" is directly related to the District 6 of Johannesburg during the Apartheid.
Yeah, I know the story behind it. I just hope it's not ridiculously obvious, you know? I just want some aliens, that's all. There's been no alien movies for a while.
Old 08-10-2009 at 12:43 PM   #14
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

Quote:
I was definately disappointed by Wolverine, Terminator and GI Joe. And I LOVE those kinds of movies :(

Transformers ROTF was good. Gamer (comes out September) looks good too.
I was disappointed by those as well although I did enjoy Transformers, I didn't think it was as good as the first one and I feel like it lacked substance (and I'm not a critical person at all).

I'm looking forward to Gamer too.
Old 08-10-2009 at 12:47 PM   #15
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Also you can watch Alive in Joburg, the short film that the movie is based off here: http://www.spyfilms.com/