MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what to do if conflicting courses and both courses are very required? killza Academics 11 06-12-2010 05:08 PM
Do Medical Schools care if I took 4 courses first semester, 5 courses 2nd semester... Arnold General Discussion 6 07-17-2009 03:30 PM
Repetition of Courses: Students may repeat courses that have been failed or for which Arnold Academics 2 12-07-2008 04:39 AM

Do I have to take 10 courses?

Old 06-26-2012 at 09:40 PM   #1
guerilla

Liked: 33 Times

Do I have to take 10 courses?
Hey guys, a good chunk of the classes I planned on taking turned out to be full and rather than taking random courses that I don't like/have no interest in, I was wondering if I could do 4 courses per term instead of 5? I'd rather take things slow than jump into a world of hurt, and all of the courses that I would have liked to have taken are offered in the spring/summer term

Last edited by guerilla : 06-26-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-26-2012 at 09:58 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla View Post
Hey guys, a good chunk of the classes I planned on taking turned out to be full and rather than take random courses that I don't like, I was wondering if I could do 4 courses per term instead of 5? I'd rather take things slow than jump into a world of hurt, and all of the courses that I would have liked to have taken are offered in the spring/summer term
There's still 2+ months till school and the first week of school where you can still get into the courses. It's not over yet, so just keep checking SOLAR.

guerilla says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 06-26-2012 at 11:00 PM   #3
apples12

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla View Post
Hey guys, a good chunk of the classes I planned on taking turned out to be full and rather than taking random courses that I don't like/have no interest in, I was wondering if I could do 4 courses per term instead of 5? I'd rather take things slow than jump into a world of hurt, and all of the courses that I would have liked to have taken are offered in the spring/summer term
Also try e-mailing profs for the courses you want.

guerilla says thanks to apples12 for this post.
Old 06-26-2012 at 11:19 PM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

If it is a mandatory course for your degree, don't worry you will get in (example is Chem1a03). If it isn't just keep trying solar. Check a few times a day and see if a seat opens up. Also, you don't have to take every course during the year. You could push an elective to summer for example.

guerilla says thanks to Leeoku for this post.

guerilla likes this.
Old 06-26-2012 at 11:21 PM   #5
guerilla

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
If it is a mandatory course for your degree, don't worry you will get in (example is Chem1a03). If it isn't just keep trying solar. Check a few times a day and see if a seat opens up. Also, you don't have to take every course during the year. You could push an elective to summer for example.
Thanks that is exactly what I wanted to hear lol. I'm extremely disoriented as 6 out of the 10 courses I planned on taking were full, I was expecting maybe 1-2 at most Good to know that I can push some electives to the summer term
Old 06-26-2012 at 11:27 PM   #6
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

They open more seats as more first years register and after all seats open just wait until people drop.