MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Declaring two minors raine Academics 1 01-15-2013 01:18 PM
Hard Minors? tyrant Academics 10 05-31-2011 11:43 AM
Eng + Minors.. and other stuff Zimonada First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-18-2010 01:20 AM
Possible Minors w/ Comp. Sci.? Andrew A Academics 10 07-31-2010 06:08 PM
Minors Kevin Academics 4 05-14-2008 10:28 AM

How do minors work exactly?

Old 06-10-2013 at 07:33 AM   #1
more otters

Liked: 0 Times

How do minors work exactly?
I read about them on the McMaster sight and everything but I dont really understand..
Say a minor requires you to take 24 units from x, y, and z.
Do you just need to take those courses, (and tell the graduation committee or w/e), and the minor will show up on your transcript?
Or.. do you need to "apply" for the minor?
Thanks!
Old 06-10-2013 at 08:43 AM   #2
LauraV
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 11 Times

you can declare a minor but as far as i know it doesnt actually show up on your transcript or so ive been told.
Old 06-10-2013 at 09:30 AM   #3
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

First check if you can take the minor.
Second simply sign up for each course required. Example. I'm taking business minor. I need double econ and 24 units second year commerce course. I just take all the courses. Do keep in mind space is limited for those not actually in the program aka taking a minor (in this case not taking commerce degree)

Lastly, when you graduate/fill out graduation card your faculty will check to see if you qualify for minor. They will not contact you unless there is a problem and you don't get the minor.

Questions regarding the minor are iffy cause they try to dump the work to the other department. I'm from eng and I'm always being thrown back and forth to degroote and eng faculty.

Chad likes this.
Old 06-10-2013 at 01:55 PM   #4
more otters

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks alot