MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how do i make myself a better person? epikness General Discussion 32 05-13-2011 12:30 PM
What Would You Do For The Person You Love? lizziepizzie Dating & Relationships 86 04-29-2011 11:22 AM
A Typical Person Scuderia General Discussion 3 03-04-2011 06:13 PM
Rate the person above manaya General Discussion 4 04-25-2010 06:37 PM

Do I need to go in person? URGENT

Old 08-30-2011 at 07:58 AM   #1
Galleria

Liked: 10 Times

Do I need to go in person? URGENT
I chose OSAP as a payment option on the payment agreement. I chose Full Payment as my plan. I have $3700 left to pay so my question is if I pay the $3700 now (because it is due by Sep 1) do I have to go to Mac to forward my OSAP to the university (all of it is going to the university)? Or can I wait until after I move in. Here's a screenshot of my Payment Agreement. This is kind of urget because if I have to go in person I have to go right now.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA.jpg (38.1 KB, 25 views)
Old 08-30-2011 at 08:05 AM   #2
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times

If OSAP and your bursaries cover the tuition cost then you do not need to pay. You do however need to go get your OSAP and sign a bunch of forms stating that you know that this X amount is going towards tuition and the rest to your bank account etc. So if your OSAP is ready id say go do that now esp if OSAP doesnt cover your tuition.

Galleria says thanks to kimzy for this post.
Old 08-30-2011 at 08:15 AM   #3
Galleria

Thanks for the answer but do I need to forward my OSAP before Sep 1? I'm asking because I live a couple of hours away from Mac so if it isn't necessary then I'd rather forward the OSAP after I move in. However I don't want to pay any interest so..
Old 08-30-2011 at 08:20 AM   #4
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times

I was told that if you selected OSAP as your payment option and it covers all your fees then you are good. But that was when I picked up my OSAP and signed all documents in person to confirm. So in your situation I would call the student accounts and cashiers office to find out about payment because your circumstance is that you have not signed the actual documents with an OSAP rep.

Better to be safe than sorry so call the office as soon as they open at 11am i believe it is. Worse come to worse pay it with credit card and then get your reimbursement in Jan/Feb

Galleria says thanks to kimzy for this post.
Old 08-30-2011 at 09:31 AM   #5
katrinabell

Liked: 19 Times

If I'm understanding correctly, you need to pay money on top of what OSAP is giving you? In that case, just pay the remainder online before September 1st and don't worry about what OSAP is covering until you move here. You don't get charged late fees on what OSAP is paying, even though its only released to people September 8th. So ,you can come and sign all the forms when you move in there is no need to come early.

Galleria says thanks to katrinabell for this post.
Old 08-30-2011 at 10:26 AM   #6
Galleria

Thanks so much, you just saved me 3 hours!

katrinabell likes this.