MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Email SHWEDDIES First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 09-13-2010 05:53 PM
course email cjdzl Academics 2 09-09-2010 11:26 AM
Email Help asloan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-31-2010 07:25 PM
Mac places sixth in university rankings Email Story Email story PrintPrint Text Size Iamanonymous General Discussion 1 11-06-2009 09:42 AM
Activate MacID before using solar? ralph2313 General Discussion 2 06-19-2008 05:47 PM

When do we activate Mac Email?

Old 07-04-2010 at 08:34 PM   #1
dlee

Liked: Liked 3 Times

When do we activate Mac Email?
I haven't activated Mac email and is feeling calm as a breeze...or not!

So when should I activate it? Is it too early to activate it now or something?

Why do I ask this?
I actually tried to activate it a second ago on Mugsci. I went to "Undergraduate Email" -> Registered Users -> and typed in my MAC ID/password to log on but guess what...?!

It said: incorrect password or account name...
Old 07-04-2010 at 08:39 PM   #2
steph.elle

Liked: 4 Times

Go to MUGSI and look for Enable Mac ID Services. After that it should work.

dlee says thanks to steph.elle for this post.
Old 07-04-2010 at 08:40 PM   #3
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

You have to activate and enable MacID services first, which you can do on MUGSI
Old 07-04-2010 at 08:45 PM   #4
dlee

Thanks for the help, I can't believe it was that easy! MacInsiders is very useful..I appreciate the help!

I just checked and there is NO email! lol Is this normal? When do we really use the email? Is it when classes start?

Last edited by dlee : 07-04-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-04-2010 at 08:48 PM   #5
steph.elle

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee View Post
I just checked and there is NO inbox! lol Is this normal? When do we really use the email? Is it when classes start?
There's a tab called Rules, and it has a box on it where you can enter a different email address and it forwards all the emails from there to a different email. That way you can just get them with the email you normally check.
Old 07-04-2010 at 08:50 PM   #6
nerual
Account Disabled by User

There should be an inbox tab, though :S I'm not sure why you don't have it...are you just not looking in the right place? at the top of the screen (or near the top, anyways) there are a bunch of tabs, one of them should be 'inbox'.
Old 07-04-2010 at 08:55 PM   #7
dlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
There should be an inbox tab, though :S I'm not sure why you don't have it...are you just not looking in the right place? at the top of the screen (or near the top, anyways) there are a bunch of tabs, one of them should be 'inbox'.
Oh lol, sorry about the confusion! I meant to say that there are no emails on my Inbox!! Yikes, I didn't mean to confuse you there, I just read it again and I don't blame you for being confused!

So there is no EMAIL (not inbox!)...should this be a concern? Just had to rephrase my previous question now. =P
Old 07-04-2010 at 09:10 PM   #8
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Haha There wouldn't be any emails in your inbox unless people have been emailing you, which isn't usually the case right now. I also remember that for the longest time, when I first got my email set up, you HAD to send the email to [email protected] r.ca for it to work. If you only did @mcmaster.ca, I wouldn't get the email. That fixed itself at some point, though I don't remember when. It was a while, though.
Old 07-04-2010 at 09:26 PM   #9
dlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Haha There wouldn't be any emails in your inbox unless people have been emailing you, which isn't usually the case right now. I also remember that for the longest time, when I first got my email set up, you HAD to send the email to [email protected] r.ca for it to work. If you only did @mcmaster.ca, I wouldn't get the email. That fixed itself at some point, though I don't remember when. It was a while, though.
So do I have to email [email protected] master.ca to get it working? Oh wait, they got it fixed hey? If I had to email...there would have been no way I would have figured that out!