MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats a NO-SHOW penalty? lalalola2011 Academics 5 09-03-2012 12:48 AM
Captial Punishment - The Death Penalty Chris23 General Discussion 16 07-26-2012 01:10 AM
Financial penalty for cancelling course Mr.Prodigy Academics 2 05-22-2012 07:47 PM
Financial Penalty - HOW Much is it?? Davok First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 05-15-2011 12:35 PM

Do you believe in the death penalty?

Old 02-10-2013 at 11:53 PM   #16
Animosity

Liked: 46 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaltair View Post
My argument:

Some dude lured your daughter, raped her until her body gave in and left to die. To top it off, he decided to have an intercourse with the corpse and for the heck of it, he also decided to cut your daughter up in pieces for grub.

He confessed to all of it for a sentence reduction, he served time and eventually walked free.

My question:

Do you believe in capital punishment now?
Well I imagine everyone except maybe the rehabilitators would agree that he shouldn't ever walk free. Capital punishment seems fair in that case, but it would still be more expensive, and practically speaking no different from life in prison. So, life without parole still makes more sense economically, let him die in prison.
Old 02-10-2013 at 11:55 PM   #17
biglandfarm

Liked: 66 Times

Quote:
My argument:

Some dude lured your daughter, raped her until her body gave in and left to die. To top it off, he decided to have an intercourse with the corpse and for the heck of it, he also decided to cut your daughter up in pieces for grub.

He confessed to all of it for a sentence reduction, he served time and eventually walked free.

My question:

invalid argument.

we are looking at this from a neutral stand point.
Old 02-11-2013 at 12:04 AM   #18
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSimon View Post
I think you should see someone. That's pretty grim, man.
I watch too many movies.

Really, I read the news on a daily basis. I have read articles that explains things a whole lot worse.

For instance, Casey Anthony? Russel Williams? Robert Pickton? Or perhaps Paul Bernado and Karla Homolka?

*shudders*
Old 02-11-2013 at 12:04 AM   #19
Animosity

Quote:
My argument:

My question:

However since people are harping on you for the wrong reasons (being graphic), I'll say that I would want to kill him myself. I'd knock him out, surgically remove his arms and legs, tie him to the back of my car, the drag him to the nearest body of water. Then I would throw him into the water, just deep enough so that he can't quite get any air, but he can still see the world above, slowing escaping him.
Old 02-11-2013 at 12:06 AM   #20
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animosity View Post
However since people are harping on you for the wrong reasons (being graphic), I'll say that I would want to kill him myself. I'd knock him out, surgically remove his arms and legs, tie him to the back of my car, the drag him to the nearest body of water. Then I would throw him into the water, just deep enough so that he can't quite get any air, but he can still see the world above, slowing escaping him.
Dexter style, amen bro!
Old 02-11-2013 at 12:09 AM   #21
hilton

Liked: 42 Times

State sanctioned murder is always bad.
Old 02-11-2013 at 12:09 AM   #22
biglandfarm

Quote:

what if later on while you are in jail waiting for your execution, you find out that someone else could've committed the crime of killing your daughter?
Old 02-11-2013 at 12:13 AM   #23
Animosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglandfarm View Post
what if later on while you are in jail waiting for your execution, you find out that someone else could've committed the crime of killing your daughter?
Well, we did say that the guy confessed, but in that case I guess I got to have some fun before I died.
Old 02-11-2013 at 12:17 AM   #24
biglandfarm

Quote:
Well, we did say that the guy confessed, but in that case I guess I got to have some fun before I died.
confession, what is?

familiar with Bradly Manning?
Old 02-11-2013 at 12:21 AM   #25
Animosity

Quote:
confession, what is?

familiar with Bradly Manning?
Vaguely, wikileaks.
Old 02-11-2013 at 12:23 AM   #26
biglandfarm

Quote:
Vaguely, wikileaks.
point is with enough torture, anyone will confess.
Old 02-11-2013 at 12:27 AM   #27
Animosity

Quote:
point is with enough torture, anyone will confess.
That's a case of national security, we don't torture murder suspects. I don't know enough about the Bradley Manning case to say much about it but I obviously don't think it should be a death sentences, but then again, I don't really know exactly what damage he did or who might have died as a result of his actions or what the circumstances are. I think Life Without Parole should be used in all the places we angry citizens would call on the death penalty for.
Old 02-11-2013 at 12:04 PM   #28
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...+punis hment\

Pretty sure this thread already exists...
Old 02-11-2013 at 12:10 PM   #29
PhilM

Liked: 148 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...+punis hment\

Pretty sure this thread already exists...
It's locked...and you spelled it CAPTIAL

Animosity likes this.
Old 02-11-2013 at 12:17 PM   #30
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
It's locked...and you spelled it CAPTIAL
oh wow... that would be a devastating blow to my self esteem if i were an english major.. luckily i dont really care if i mistype a word or two in my posts lol

ofomkcidtae likes this.