Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

yessssssssssssss
Old 10-16-2010 at 01:10 PM   #3
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

realistically no i don't but i sure as hell wish there was a heaven were we can all go when we die and spend the rest of eternity in happiness. But i learned that life never goes the way you want it to go soo yea im not too sure about heaven.
Old 10-16-2010 at 01:15 PM   #4
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Yes. But it's not a place where we all go when we die. It's a place we'll go to only if God determines it to be so. And I believe the the way to achieve that is not to go about sinning like there's no tomorrow, asking God to forgive you, and then Oh! all of a sudden you're sin-free (rinse, repeat).
Old 10-16-2010 at 01:16 PM   #5
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Do you believe in the Boogeyman?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

jachill, micadjems like this.
Old 10-16-2010 at 01:21 PM   #6
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
actually the boogeyman is quite a nice person if you get to know him, he's really not tryin to scare you hes just a good person with a horrible face trying to make some friends in this cold world..he's nice, just talk to him the next time you think you see him
Old 10-16-2010 at 01:25 PM   #7
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Eh...no. I'd prefer to just believe in my self.
Old 10-16-2010 at 01:34 PM   #8
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz View Post
realistically no i don't but i sure as hell wish there was a heaven were we can all go when we die and spend the rest of eternity in happiness. But i learned that life never goes the way you want it to go soo yea im not too sure about heaven.
That pretty well sums up my views on it.

I would LOVE there to be a heaven...but realistically/logically, it doesn't make sense nor does it agree with my basic worldview. So, while I don't believe in it or think it's logical or realistic, there's no harm in suspending disbelief and pretending If it makes me happier, why not?

bloodywarz likes this.
Old 10-16-2010 at 01:45 PM   #9
EngLufLuf

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Yes I do believe in heaven. Well it's how God will reward people who lived their lives faithfully resisting all the temptations around them for what they believe in.

EasternHeat, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 10-16-2010 at 01:47 PM   #10
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Yes, I believe in it. I want to know your opinion: does believing in heaven come with believeng in God? I say yes, it does. Because neither can be scientifically proven or have any physical evidence to back it up. So I really think if you believe in one, you have to believe in the other.

SilentWalker likes this.
Old 10-16-2010 at 01:52 PM   #11
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Yes, I believe in it. I want to know your opinion: does believing in heaven come with believeng in God? I say yes, it does. Because neither can be scientifically proven or have any physical evidence to back it up. So I really think if you believe in one, you have to believe in the other.
yup. It wouldn't make sense to believe in heaven without believing in God b/c heaven is proclaimed to be built by God to reward those lived their living disregarding their material possession attachments, and not giving into temptations hence when they die they go to heaven where they will truly find their real happiness. So yea God and heaven are intertwined
Old 10-16-2010 at 01:54 PM   #12
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Well, it depends on your definition of heaven...if you define heaven as something built by god and god controls who gets in, etc, then yes, you can't really believe in heaven and not god (although you could believe in god and not heaven, depending on your set of beliefs).

If your definition of heaven is simply, a "place" we go after we die, then it is possible to believe in heaven without believing in god.
Old 10-16-2010 at 01:54 PM   #13
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

The concept of heaven exists because people don't like the idea of dying and having their existence terminated. People who say they believe are not being objective, because they have a vested interest in belief.

Obv not.

Old 10-16-2010 at 01:54 PM   #14
mohammyt

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
shhhhhhhhhh people who knows boogeyman dont talk abot boogeyman
Old 10-16-2010 at 02:08 PM   #15
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammyt View Post
shhhhhhhhhh people who knows boogeyman dont talk abot boogeyman
crap...already broke the rule...think he'll still wanna be my friend?