Stress Management Event Assya Clubs & Groups 0 09-29-2010 09:29 PM
Stress b_sunshine55 General Discussion 14 11-04-2009 12:06 AM

How do you deal with stress?

Old 12-31-2012 at 11:22 AM   #31
lifesciman1

Liked: 59 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeGamer31 View Post
I exercise by jogging. It's really refreshing to do it outside when it's dark because it's generally quiet and it gives you the feeling that it's just you. No school, no parents, just you. I enjoy that when I run because I can be aware of myself. I live in westdale so I jog in the neighbourhood which is a great neighbourhood. You can also run on campus, at DBAC, or in your neighbourhood.

I also practice tai-chi which is in my opinion a form of meditation. I coordinate my breathing with my movements and that really helps me relax.

I watch A LOT OF ANIME and when I study too much, I take a break by going to another land in anime. I know it sounds weird, but imagination really is my best friend.

I have this one song that really calms my nerves. Listen to something that will calm you down.

I always study with music on, it keeps me calm.

I don't recommend coffee. If you can moderate your intake, then okay. But if you become dependent, it's not a nice situation.

Don't think about the pressure too much. I get stress from my single mother who pays for my education a LOT and I know where you're coming from. She's trying to push me to med school (of course, as all parents do). Easier said then done, but doesn't hurt to try.

I live with my friends from high school and being around them is enough to make happy. If you can, hang out with your friends and that will help you cope. Laugh lots. Go volunteer, JOIN SWHAT. I am part of SWHAT and we play a lot of card games while waiting for calls. Anyone can join. Volunteering will help you cope because you are helping others and that makes you feel good. I volunteered a lot this term and I loved it. I wasn't studying all the time. If I studied all the time, then I would be thinking about my studies only. But with volunteer, I was able to take a break from studying.
thank you so much, this actually made me feel good
Old 01-01-2013 at 03:55 PM   #32
ayamex3

Liked: 2 Times

i sleep zzzzz
Old 01-01-2013 at 04:09 PM   #33
sarahbeairsto

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesciman1 View Post
I feel like because my parents pay for my schooling I am constantly under pressure to do well. I usually never share my problems with anyone, and the feeling of someone breathing down your neck constantly becomes overwhelming. Not even that... just the thought of my future and all the "what IFs" never leave my mind.

How do you guys cope with school related stress?
I find that the more pressure you put on yourself the more likely you are to do poorly. I deal with stress by setting realistic goals for myself - if you set your standards too high then you set yourself up for dissapointment. I also deal with stress by not putting all my focus into my school work - you definitely need balance in your life. I always structure my day so i have Me time. Incorporate the things that make you happy into your daily routine because when you are happy you will find that you succeed more. Hope this helps and all the best with everything.
Old 01-07-2013 at 04:33 PM   #34
kaurd5

Liked: 0 Times

Getting out of a school setting and just getting out (i.e. sports, friends, clubs ...) is a good way to relieve stress.
Old 01-07-2013 at 04:38 PM   #35
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

macinsiders.com/chat
smoketreesfuckbitches