MacInsiders Logo

Do you have any QUIRKS?

Old 11-13-2010 at 08:12 AM   #16
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Great minds think alike. I was JUST going to make a thread like this yesterday, but I was on the go train/bus for 4 hours and then I went over to my friend's house immediately.

Anyways, the biggest quirk I can think of right now?

I smush my sandwiches. Always. And I won't eat it otherwise.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-13-2010 at 08:56 AM   #17
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

I wont use utensils that have just been washed. I always take the ones from the drawer. I don't know, i just feel like I'm putting the dish sponger right in my mouth if I use the freshly washed ones.
Old 11-13-2010 at 09:50 AM   #18
...?!
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 76 Times

Sometimes I get an urge to do something an even number of times. >>
This happens a lot with closing doors. I always feel the need to open it and close it again. Sometimes its not just twice either, but maybe 4 or 6 times.

Also, everything in my room has its place and I always have to put it back where it was before if I move it.
Old 11-13-2010 at 10:04 AM   #19
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

It feels weird if almost anything I do (e.g. brushing my teeth, "swishing" mouthwash, length of stretches, number of reps I do, washing my hair) aren't done in any of the following numbers:

3, 5, 7, 10, 12, 15, 18, 25, 30, 36, 50, 75, 100, 120, 125, 150, 180

I don't think I've done anything that requires going beyond ___ 180 times, so...
And yeah, I count the number of strokes when I brush my teeth and stuff. =/
Old 11-13-2010 at 10:06 AM   #20
...?!
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 76 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
It feels weird if almost anything I do (e.g. brushing my teeth, "swishing" mouthwash, length of stretches, number of reps I do, washing my hair) aren't done in any of the following numbers:

I don't think I've done anything that requires going beyond ___ 180 times, so...
How do you even remember that set of numbers? I don't see any pattern in them. o_o
Old 11-13-2010 at 10:07 AM   #21
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

I'm not even sure how to describe this...I have to eat all parts of my meals at the same rate, all the way down to the last bite. Like for a turkey dinner, I can't just eat all my potatoes or corn at once. I have to eat a little bit of each component so at the end I have one bite left of each part.

My friend is the opposite, if she starts eating her potatoes, she has to finish them before she can eat something else. lol

crazyfree likes this.
Old 11-13-2010 at 10:41 AM   #22
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Sometimes I'll get really into my work and then after a minute or two realize I haven't breathed or blinked in that time. It's weird, I can easily go 1 or 2 minutes without breathing before my body starts feeling odd. It's probably from all the lifeguarding I did. Also my personal record for not blinking is 45min 37sec. I was really bored once in 8th grade and timed it.

Also, my brain often works faster than my mouth and I switch the letters words start with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I smush my sandwiches. Always. And I won't eat it otherwise.
I smush my rice crispie squares into rice crispie balls. It concentrates the flavour for maximum deliciousness!

Last edited by REPLEKIA/. : 11-13-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-13-2010 at 10:43 AM   #23
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Liked: 80 Times

Is holding my mouse always side ways like ---- instead of the normal way of straight like | considered a weird quirk? I cant hold it any other way O.o so if I want to go up I move my hand right and stuff like that
Old 11-13-2010 at 10:45 AM   #24
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...?! View Post
How do you even remember that set of numbers? I don't see any pattern in them. o_o
There's no pattern.

Hence the quirk.
Old 11-13-2010 at 10:46 AM   #25
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post

That's not a quirk, that's just weird.
Old 11-13-2010 at 10:51 AM   #26
CrashPlague
Gravity is Just a Theory

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
I have mild OCD tendencies. Don't know if that's a quirk though
As do I!!! With a little touch of ADD
Old 11-13-2010 at 10:52 AM   #27
CrashPlague
Gravity is Just a Theory

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakattack View Post
Is holding my mouse always side ways like ---- instead of the normal way of straight like | considered a weird quirk? I cant hold it any other way O.o so if I want to go up I move my hand right and stuff like that
I just closed my browser trying to do that.....

-_-'
Old 11-13-2010 at 11:27 AM   #28
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
Sometimes I'll get really into my work and then after a minute or two realize I haven't breathed or blinked in that time. It's weird, I can easily go 1 or 2 minutes without breathing before my body starts feeling odd. It's probably from all the lifeguarding I did. Also my personal record for not blinking is 45min 37sec. I was really bored once in 8th grade and timed it.

Also, my brain often works faster than my mouth and I switch the letters words start with.

I smush my rice crispie squares into rice crispie balls. It concentrates the flavour for maximum deliciousness!
I demand proof!

SilentWalker likes this.
Old 11-13-2010 at 11:28 AM   #29
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashPlague View Post
I just closed my browser trying to do that.....

-_-'

How did that turn out So much better I presume?
Old 11-13-2010 at 11:58 AM   #30
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

No one can be in the bathroom when I'm brushing my teeth. I don't like it when people can see me brushing them. I have no idea why.

Whenever I'm eating a chicken burger (I don't like hamburgers), I have to eat around the bun first, before I bite into the actual burger because I can't stand there being more bun then burger. But, I do this even when there is an equal amount of bun and burger or more burger than bun.

When I eat a kit-kat bar, I eat the ends first.

For stir-fry, I pick out the different parts of the meal and eat them in order. Normally it goes vegetables, meat, and then the noodles. But if I don't like the meat, I either pick it out entirely or eat it before the vegetables. Noodles are almost always last.