MacInsiders Logo

Do you have any QUIRKS?

Old 11-13-2010 at 12:47 PM   #31
ViktorVaughn

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachill View Post
I'm not even sure how to describe this...I have to eat all parts of my meals at the same rate, all the way down to the last bite. Like for a turkey dinner, I can't just eat all my potatoes or corn at once. I have to eat a little bit of each component so at the end I have one bite left of each part.
I do this as well.

jachill likes this.
Old 11-13-2010 at 01:37 PM   #32
camais

Liked: 30 Times

when i step on a crack in the sidewalk or a bump with one foot, my feet feel uneven, so i make sure i step on another crack/bump with my other foot at the same area and angle as my first foot.

xxsumz says thanks to camais for this post.

Geek, mcmastergcdb like this.
Old 11-13-2010 at 02:01 PM   #33
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by camais View Post
when i step on a crack in the sidewalk or a bump with one foot, my feet feel uneven, so i make sure i step on another crack/bump with my other foot at the same area and angle as my first foot.
I think i subconsciously do this.
Old 11-13-2010 at 02:07 PM   #34
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

i apply deodorant before i go to sleep... just a weird habbit i have
Old 11-13-2010 at 02:08 PM   #35
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

Quote:
When I eat a kit-kat bar, I eat the ends first.
Same! Especially love doing that with Kit Kat Chunkie.
Old 11-13-2010 at 02:56 PM   #36
Geek
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
FINALLY, someone else who does this!
You might be my soul mate

camais likes this.
Old 11-13-2010 at 04:12 PM   #37
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienSummer View Post
No one can be in the bathroom when I'm brushing my teeth. I don't like it when people can see me brushing them. I have no idea why.
same..

i count steps... whenever goin up or down a flight of stairs i MUST count them. (but in my head because out oud would just be disturbing)
Old 11-13-2010 at 07:03 PM   #38
cellphone

Liked: 5 Times

when i have a bag of skittles or something sweet that i really LOVE..i will have to eat the entire bag..or hide it from myself..even if im not hungry. I feel like I should finish eating it. I don't like not eating this I like right away.
Old 11-13-2010 at 07:52 PM   #39
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
I demand proof!
I'm not sure I have a viable means of providing proof for you over the internet. Though going a few minutes without breathing or blinking is rather easy when you aren't engaged in any physical activity, so I fail to see why it's not very believable.
Old 11-13-2010 at 07:59 PM   #40
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
I'm not sure I have a viable means of providing proof for you over the internet. Though going a few minutes without breathing or blinking is rather easy when you aren't engaged in any physical activity, so I fail to see why it's not very believable.
I don't mean to be condescending, but you know that just because you're not blinking or breathing consciously, doesn't mean you're not doing it. >.>

The lifeguard thing makes the not-breathing part believable, but I'm a little hesitant to believe the blinking part. 45 minutes consciously focused on not-blinking? No matter how bored you are, how could you just sit still for 45 minutes with your mind focused on one thing?

I might be able to do two minutes without blinking, but I'm not even sure of that. It's possible I just can't comprehend keeping my eyes open that long because I'm Asian though.

Needlenose likes this.
Old 11-13-2010 at 08:19 PM   #41
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorVaughn View Post
uuum..

I still say the alphabet to the tune of the alphabet song

I only brush my teeth while in the shower.

When I buy something new, I put it on display somewhere in my room and look at/enjoy it for a day or two. I can't just put it away if I don't need it right then.

I can't stand excess/clutter. If I don't use something regularly, even if it is perfectly good and I might need it some day, I give it away to someone or throw it out.

I like jam on hotdogs.
In that case, I want to know how often you shower! haha
Old 11-13-2010 at 09:11 PM   #42
marcie

Liked: 119 Times

Quote:
lolol I'm the same way! Everything has to be symmetrical. If I scratch my right arm, I must scratch my left arm as well, in the same spot and with equal force. If I chew a piece of food on one side of my mouth a certain number of times, I "have to" then chew it on the other side of my mouth an equal number of times. If I cracked all the knuckles on my right hand, but for some reason somebody prevented me from cracking the knuckles on my left...... shiit would go down. It's all about equality

Same reason why staircases with an uneven number of stairs bother me.

Also, I'm constantly looking out for/noticing the numbers 5, 8, 58, 85, and all numbers whose digits add up to 5 or 8. I swear they pop up EVERYWHERE.

Is that quirky enough?

camais likes this.
Old 11-13-2010 at 09:22 PM   #43
ViktorVaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
In that case, I want to know how often you shower! haha
Once a day. Twice when it's warm out.

I've never had a cavity in my adult teeth
Old 11-13-2010 at 09:24 PM   #44
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
That's not a quirk, that's just weird.
So say you're doing pushups or whatever, and you get tired at 26, you never ever think "wow, that's such a weird-ass number to stop at" and try doing one or two more?

=/

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 11-13-2010 at 09:33 PM   #45
ViktorVaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcie View Post

Is that quirky enough?
I don't know if that's quirky so much as it is a textbook description of obsessive compulsive disorder..