MacInsiders Logo
View Poll Results: Who do you think will be the next MSU President?
Kieran Alkerton 37 31.09%
Ashkan Eshaghbeigi 32 26.89%
Tauseef Khan 5 4.20%
Mary Koziol 35 29.41%
Casey Park 10 8.40%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New blog post from MSU President mkozi MacInsiders Announcements 0 07-05-2010 08:42 AM
First Blog as President-Elect mkozi MacInsiders Announcements 6 04-24-2010 03:30 PM
McMaster's New President Is... lorend MacInsiders Announcements 17 10-16-2009 02:34 PM
MSU Vice President Elections temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 3 04-05-2009 10:02 AM
And the next MSU President is... Chad MacInsiders Announcements 124 02-13-2009 11:46 AM

Who do you think will be the next MSU President?

Old 02-05-2010 at 02:46 PM   #31
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
What manner?
WHOA, settle down lawley, nino is jsut asking a question! sheesh.
Old 02-05-2010 at 02:50 PM   #32
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
Exactly what you think I meant by it. It's not some secret message you have to decode.
That...Do you think I would have asked if I knew what you implied by posting "Honestly, who are the other people"?

lol anyway, just a few more hours and they should be done...
Old 02-05-2010 at 02:57 PM   #33
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino View Post
That...Do you think I would have asked if I knew what you implied by posting "Honestly, who are the other people"?

lol anyway, just a few more hours and they should be done...
Yes? People ask questions they know the answer to all the time.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 02-05-2010 at 03:26 PM   #34
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President

Liked: 187 Times

Oh Cheri, so I actually remember coming with kieran to your class...i went to most of his talks and hung back so as to not look like a giant posse heh. Anyways I remember that one specifically because he said "Like this prof here" and i shook my head and told him after to never do that again hahaha.
Old 02-05-2010 at 03:35 PM   #35
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-L View Post
Oh Cheri, so I actually remember coming with kieran to your class...i went to most of his talks and hung back so as to not look like a giant posse heh. Anyways I remember that one specifically because he said "Like this prof here" and i shook my head and told him after to never do that again hahaha.
oh cool. Yea I posted on his thread suggesting maybe he should learn the names of the profs next time... looked kinda silly. don't think he got the post though. XD oh wells.

edit: for everyone saying i don't look like any of my pictures, people sure do seem to recognize me a lot. rofl. o_O

Old 02-05-2010 at 03:41 PM   #36
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
Yes? People ask questions they know the answer to all the time.
Well, I was asking one that I didn't know the answer to and was hoping for an answer but whatever. It's just that that the way you said it, you implied that the other candidates don't stand a chance because you just don't know who they are (which is absolutely not true). It is your opinion but I just wanted to understand the meaning behind the statement.
Old 02-05-2010 at 03:43 PM   #37
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino View Post
Well, I was asking one that I didn't know the answer to and was hoping for an answer but whatever. It's just that that the way you said it, you implied that the other candidates don't stand a chance because you just don't know who they are (which is absolutely not true). It is your opinion but I just wanted to understand the meaning behind the statement.
No, I implied the other's don't stand a chance because there wasn't nearly enough drama/coverage about them.

Old 02-05-2010 at 03:46 PM   #38
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President

Liked: 187 Times

Oh actually Cheri he did read the post...mainly because i pointed at it and was like SEEEE haha and it was something we fixed so it was actually helpful. Also the picture was changed on your recommendation

lawleypop likes this.
Old 02-05-2010 at 03:49 PM   #39
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

It really wasn't a flattering picture... XD

Old 02-05-2010 at 04:28 PM   #40
syan9184

Liked: 25 Times

I TOTALLY AGREE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosh View Post
Casey and his Miley songs stole the hearts of too many first year voters , realistically I think it's Casey Park . During this election I met two kinds of voters at Mac; those who were for Casey Park and those who wanted ANYONE but Casey. The think is it seemed like more upper years wanted no Casey but they divided the 'No Casey' vote between three worthy candidates i.e. Ash , Mary and Kieran. This is what screwed them over , Casey won't necessarily win because he was the best , just that the other style of candidates who were less like him divided their vote. I don't know if i explained that as well as it was in my head , but basically the concept is that of the Canadian Government ; the only reason the conservatives are in is because the left wing vote is so divided .
Old 02-05-2010 at 04:31 PM   #41
jmgk

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
That and of course around campus you'd also hear a lot of "wtf Miley Cyrus, what a tool..." and not just from upper years.

Believe it or not first years are not just a bunch of morons. Even if he did win many over by visiting their classes and singing popular songs I'm sure the same thing turned a lot of other first years off for the same reason it turned upper years off.
I talked to a first year and was told that some of them bought it and others didn't. Those that didn't buy into it really did not like Casey. Some had even left him off the ballot while voting for everyone else... That could come back and hurt Casey big time.

Clearly there was no clear winner for the election (otherwise counting would be done) or there are some major fines being discussed. I've just read a lot of overhearing campaigns while at voting stations. All in all this will be very entertaining result.
Old 02-05-2010 at 04:38 PM   #42
emtee10
Mac Lifer

Liked: 49 Times

Mary Koziol won!

http://www.msumcmaster.ca/home.htm

lorend, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to emtee10 for this post.

bluser, Cristina_n13, lorend like this.
Old 02-05-2010 at 04:39 PM   #43
syan9184

Liked: 25 Times

REALLY? wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by emtee10 View Post
Old 02-05-2010 at 04:39 PM   #44
zeChinaman

Liked: 7 Times

Matt you beat me here by a hair.
Old 02-05-2010 at 04:39 PM   #45
Phoenix

Liked: 52 Times

wow well done mary n her team! shout out to the other teams for working so hard over the last two weeks!