MacInsiders Logo
View Poll Results: Who do you think will be the next MSU President?
Kieran Alkerton 37 31.09%
Ashkan Eshaghbeigi 32 26.89%
Tauseef Khan 5 4.20%
Mary Koziol 35 29.41%
Casey Park 10 8.40%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New blog post from MSU President mkozi MacInsiders Announcements 0 07-05-2010 08:42 AM
First Blog as President-Elect mkozi MacInsiders Announcements 6 04-24-2010 03:30 PM
McMaster's New President Is... lorend MacInsiders Announcements 17 10-16-2009 02:34 PM
MSU Vice President Elections temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 3 04-05-2009 10:02 AM
And the next MSU President is... Chad MacInsiders Announcements 124 02-13-2009 11:46 AM

Who do you think will be the next MSU President?

Old 02-05-2010 at 04:41 PM   #46
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Lol.

6char.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 02-05-2010 at 04:50 PM   #47
dkdk

Liked: 11 Times

Go Mary!
Old 02-05-2010 at 04:57 PM   #48
neila.b

Liked: 13 Times

the system works! my faith in democracy has been restored!

congrats, mary

Cristina_n13, ming like this.
Old 02-05-2010 at 05:06 PM   #49
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President

Liked: 187 Times

Your faith in democracy and if anyone else had won......? and yes Congrats Mary to a well run campaign! Everyone worked rediculously hard and Its just nice to see so many people vote!
Old 02-05-2010 at 05:07 PM   #50
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

thats absurd, your faith in democracy is restored because your candidate was elected. LOL, the most qualified was ash, he should've won
Old 02-05-2010 at 05:16 PM   #51
neila.b

if you must know, i would have been equally happy if ash had won. i was very impressed with his platform, and he seems like a really honest guy.
i just meant that i'm glad people didn't vote for candidates who were gimmicky or who resorted to...questionable beaviour.
Old 02-05-2010 at 05:30 PM   #52
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President

Hey Neila the election is over and you know what please do not bring up this questionable behaviour thing. Its one thing to think someone did something wrong or disagree but to attack someone constantly in public, to supporters online without ever taking the time to even talk to the candidate is just sad. I may have voted for someone other than Mary but I am really just happy so many people voted and am tired of this unnecessary bullshit.

huzaifa47 says thanks to MD-L for this post.
Old 02-05-2010 at 05:34 PM   #53
neila.b

believe me, i've had closure with the issue you're talking about. mary winning is justice enough.
what i was talking about was another candidate's campaigning techniques (especially pre-season and on voting days), so don't put words in my mouth please.
Old 02-05-2010 at 06:27 PM   #54
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President

I dont think I need to put words in your mouth, you seem to take care of that quite nicely.
Old 02-05-2010 at 06:47 PM   #55
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Lol.

6char.
Lol indeed...So much for your theory about coverage.

I said it before...Anyone could have won. Just because a candidate doesn't get coverage, it doesn't mean they can't win. Mary did get coverage though and she had a strong campaign. She just didn't happen to visit your classes. Mary and her campaign team worked hard and this is the result of all the hard work and dedication they put into the campaign. I am really happy for Mary.

The presidential elections were amazing. All the candidates and their campaign teams did a great job. It was exciting and I loved it, despite all the drama. It was so close. Remember, that even though a candidate lost, it doesn't mean that their plans are lost with them. I believe that there were great points in every platform and each candidate can truly work towards making a change in the MSU. By working with Mary, some of the plans that candidates have could be accomplished.

Thank you McMaster students for voting. I couldn't vote because I am not an MSU member but I was very happy to see the vote turnout this year. All the candidates, campaign teams and the EC deserve pats on the back for making this happen. We are seeing change happen already and hopefully there will be a lot of it next year. MSU needs students to feel attached to it and also believe in it. It is YOUR student union after all. Hopefully Mary Koziol will be able to accomplish this.

I look forward to next year. Congratulations, Mary Koziol and her campaign team!

lorend likes this.
Old 02-05-2010 at 09:34 PM   #56
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

I'm actually shocked Ash was knocked out in the 2nd round, right after Tauseef who I expected to get the least votes by a large margin.
Old 02-05-2010 at 09:44 PM   #57
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
I'm actually shocked Ash was knocked out in the 2nd round, right after Tauseef who I expected to get the least votes by a large margin.
I'm not surprised. As soon as I saw Ash's website, I think he made a big mistake by putting "I'm known as that loud, onboxious Engineer" under his biography.

I'm not trying to be harsh or judgemental. But I think advertising that he fit a stereotype that many people in the school feel strongly about probably wasn't in his best interest.

I don't know if that's the reason he didn't win, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of it.
Old 02-06-2010 at 07:28 AM   #58
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

I really think he needed to put that. To anyone who saw him during Welcome Week he was that loud obnoxious, engineer. When I first saw the posters I thought it was a joke campaign. They needed to get rid of that image and show he was serious about the position, but that couldn't happen by just ignoring it. I think they did a great job on that front.

Congratulations again to Mary. I'm sure she'll do a great job. Even if I questioned a lot of her campaign points, I think that she's mature enough to take the position seriously, something that some past presidents have had trouble with.