MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[urgent] "account is full (quota exceeded)" email problem WekSos Academics 3 07-06-2010 11:33 AM
Psychology 1X03's "optional" and "required" texts WitekS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 40 08-26-2009 10:38 PM

"What do you wanna eat?", "I dunno"

Old 05-04-2011 at 02:07 PM   #16
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

haha ive been craving taco bell for a while anyone know where there is one around here, like close by
Old 05-04-2011 at 02:10 PM   #17
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times

There's a Taco Bell at Main and Dundurn isn't there?
Old 05-04-2011 at 02:17 PM   #18
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusenik View Post
People don't know about the Beijing Hut or South China...
Beijing Hut is pretty good. I recommend it over pretty much everywhere else in terms of quality and price.

Be warned: Pretty much nobody there speaks English.
Old 05-04-2011 at 02:17 PM   #19
...?!
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 76 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post
crappy joes is crap. I ordered chicken and it was frozen solid in the center. Apparently they didn't microwave it long enough (actual excuse).
Fixed for you. lololololol.

As for Taco Bell, there's one at main and dundurn for sure. its across from the McDs, pizzapizza, and fortino's. Theres also a KFC in that area.
Old 05-04-2011 at 02:19 PM   #20
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

I heard there used to be a McDonalds some time ago where the gas station near Tally Ho's is.

How they decided that it should be removed....? I don't even...
Old 05-04-2011 at 02:59 PM   #21
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post
crabby joe is crap. I ordered chicken and it was frozen solid in the center. Apparently they didn't microwave it long enough (actual excuse).
Yikes, that sucks. I've never had that experience. The servers are always really good, and at the very worst the food has been kind of dull. Almost every franchise restaurant microwaves your food - they're just not stupid enough to say it to customers.

I really liked Lonestar in Ancaster for a while, but their menu has no variation to it.
Old 05-04-2011 at 03:17 PM   #22
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
I heard there used to be a McDonalds some time ago where the gas station near Tally Ho's is.
Yeah, there used to be one inside the Esso gas station. Now it's been replaced with a Tim Hortons drive though/takeout. Despite there being -another- Tim Hortons just barely down the road.

Sucks, because now you have to go all the way down to Dundurn if you feel like it.
Old 05-04-2011 at 03:24 PM   #23
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Beijing Hut is pretty good. I recommend it over pretty much everywhere else in terms of quality and price.

Be warned: Pretty much nobody there speaks English.

Yooo beijing hut is the best, I go there sooo often now. You don't need to speak chinese. The only "language" that's important when dealing with chinese people is cash. You get a lot of food for student prices (students get discounts). The sha guos are really popular too (but i think it's over rated...the rice dishes and noodle dishes are much better). They got dumplings and etc. as well!!

Actually nvm, it's a small restaurant. The more people that go, the less seats there are for me. DONT GO TO BEIJING HUT. It's sucky. Go to Bistro. #1.
Old 05-05-2011 at 09:28 AM   #24
SydVicious
Account Locked

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KN1991 View Post
Originally Posted by SydVicious
ugh, those places are disgusting, whatever happened to eating good food at home, go there if you wan't to put on that "freshman fifty" lol

"It's freshman fifteen, and **** your shit. A nobleman of my stature doesn't prepare his own food; that's what the peasant folk are there for."

I think that's what Syd was getting at... this is the same guy that said poor people are irresponsible for having kids (and said poor people shouldn't be allowed to have children), and devoted a post to his abs:

"Mac has left me fat and penniless :( okay so my abs are starting to dissapear, and that 2nd chin is starting to slightly show, mac has left me penniless at the moment, so what are some cheap ways to exercise in toronto?"
what's your point?
Old 05-05-2011 at 09:32 AM   #25
tatski-p

Liked: 35 Times

Phoenix sweet potato fries + a nice pint of beer = smile on my face

Old 05-05-2011 at 01:46 PM   #26
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
I usually steer clear of the major franchises (East Side's, Boston Pizza, etc.) because for some reason, I find them terrible in Hamilton. The East Side's is hit and miss with service (either really terrible or really good), and I've yet to order something there and receive what I actually ordered. I may just be biased because the one back home is excellent. Boston Pizza has good service generally, but I find the food really bland in the Hamilton one for some reason. I've never tried Kelsey's in Hamilton - after the menu changed a while back, I can't find anything I want to order there. Crabby Joes has awesome service, but again, the food is really bland. I even got tired of Empress Wok this year.
What the heck, both places are amazing in Hamilton...

Maybe you just hate Hamilton.

Edit: I would know, because I go to both ALL the time. ;D
Asides from the one pretty boy douche bag dude at ESM that serves the bar area, all the waiters are pretty excellent.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 05-05-2011 at 02:04 PM.

alh24 likes this.
Old 05-06-2011 at 09:07 AM   #27
RankNullity

Liked: 27 Times

Ummm, 6 dollar medium at Gino's, especially on a drunken night? can't even go wrong

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 05-06-2011 at 10:20 AM   #28
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatski-p View Post
Phoenix sweet potato fries + a nice pint of beer = smile on my face
Phoenix fries! Many a night spent with Phoenix fries and pitchers =D
Old 05-06-2011 at 12:04 PM   #29
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
What the heck, both places are amazing in Hamilton...

Maybe you just hate Hamilton.

Edit: I would know, because I go to both ALL the time. ;D
Asides from the one pretty boy douche bag dude at ESM that serves the bar area, all the waiters are pretty excellent.
The service at Boston Pizza is good, I just find the food really bland compared to every other Boston Pizza location I've been to.

The last time I went to East Side's, I had Eduardo as my server. He was ridiculously good. The time before that, a group of us had a server who got 3/6 of our orders wrong (which happens, so we weren't rude about it), and then when the manager asked why food from our table was being sent back, she said that it was what we ordered, and we're just "f***in' bitches." She was no more than 5 feet away from us.

The time before that, our reservation was lost/not actually taken, so we waited an hour for our table. Then we weren't seen by a server for another half an hour. Our food came out before our drinks did. A few meals were wrong, and nearly all of the drinks were. She brought the bills before the drinks. A few of our bills ended up being for another table, which she said had paid our bills and left, so she suggested that we pay theirs. We thought she was joking, so we laughed and waited for her to reprint our bills. She came back and asked if we were ready yet, and one of my friends said we didn't have our bills. She said "yeah, you were going to pay the other ones, weren't you?" I don't know about you, but I don't want to pay for two appetizers, 3 beers, and a pizza when I had an iced tea and a cheese cappelletti.

I don't know if they're still working there - my friend said she hasn't seen the "f***in' bitches" one in a while and she goes there every now and then. I may just call ahead and ask if Eduardo is there from now on.
Old 05-06-2011 at 02:09 PM   #30
Maitland

Liked: 34 Times

Empress Wok (University Plaza) is where I usually order Chinese food and I find it pretty good. If you want some decent pasta dish, skip out on East Sides and go to Maccheroni's (Main and Kingsmount). It is pretty good but there never seems to be many students in there. Pricing is about the same as East Sides. As far as 'bang for your buck' goes I would recommend the Black Forest Inn (German/European cuisine). It's downtown so it's a bit of a hike, but you get a pile of food at fairly reasonable prices.