MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is 10+ doable in Bio 2C03 and Bio 2B03? cmkc109 Academics 6 01-21-2013 02:59 PM
Is work study doable? peace General Discussion 4 08-16-2011 10:31 AM
NOT working in the summer - is it doable? Kathy2 General Discussion 12 05-02-2011 09:31 PM
is this doable? Theexe1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 18 08-14-2009 09:20 PM

Is this doable?

Old 05-30-2013 at 11:32 AM   #1
Danielrus

Liked: 9 Times

Is this doable?
http://www.timetablegenerato r.com/#kqons7x

I have a conflict with bio and epidemiology in 1st semester so the only other option was to move bio to the next semester giving me 6 courses in sem 2. 1st year bio was easy really, you didn't need to attend lectures to do well in the course. Is 2nd year bio the same? Im really hoping those 6 courses won't kill me, and i'd like to know if this is a good idea or not. Thanks guys!
Old 05-30-2013 at 11:50 AM   #2
biochem92

Liked: 0 Times

I can't comment on the life sci courses since I haven't taken them, but as for the second year bio - it's more work than first year bio. I found first year bio to be somewhat of a review but second year was mostly new content. I would advise you to attend those lectures since the profs sometimes covered material that was not in the textbook. Also why don't you schedule your organic chem tutorials to be on the same day as your labs?

Danielrus says thanks to biochem92 for this post.
Old 05-30-2013 at 11:54 AM   #3
Danielrus

haha i just fixed that thanks! ok so moving bio to 2nd sem was a good idea since i dont have the conflict, but im still worried about the extra course load..
Old 05-30-2013 at 11:57 AM   #4
gggggg

Liked: 53 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by biochem92 View Post
I can't comment on the life sci courses since I haven't taken them, but as for the second year bio - it's more work than first year bio. I found first year bio to be somewhat of a review but second year was mostly new content. I would advise you to attend those lectures since the profs sometimes covered material that was not in the textbook. Also why don't you schedule your organic chem tutorials to be on the same day as your labs?
The only hard courses you have are the orgo chems. The rest are pretty easy, very manageable.

Danielrus says thanks to gggggg for this post.
Old 05-30-2013 at 12:18 PM   #5
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

just take 5 courses/term. dont do 6 in 1 term. it isnt worth it. i would either drop health sci 2g03 and add cellbio in term 1 along with another bird course. or i would add another bird course in term 1 and just drop life sci 2c03 completely. something like that.

Danielrus says thanks to Silver for this post.
Old 05-30-2013 at 02:15 PM   #6
Danielrus

but i wanna take virology and immunology in year 3, which i need health sci 2g03 for, and 2c03 just seems interesting to me but i heard its pretty hard, so idkkkkk i wish it just worked out :(
Old 05-30-2013 at 04:28 PM   #7
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

You don't need health sci 2G03 to take viro and immuno...there are other options.

Is there any reason in particular you didn't select the same section number for your orgo lab and tutorial?

Danielrus says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 05-30-2013 at 11:19 PM   #8
Danielrus

okay i see that, yea i guess since i dont need it i wont take it. Any suggestions for bird courses to take? and i fixed my labs and tutorials thanks!
Old 06-01-2013 at 01:59 AM   #9
Danielrus

updated time table now.. http://www.timetablegenerato r.com/#kqons7x