MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Doctor's note help Thinker Academics 4 10-20-2013 11:12 PM
form for doctor? 3am Coffee General Discussion 2 12-17-2011 06:59 AM
why do you want to be a doctor? dhgn General Discussion 70 11-06-2010 06:26 PM
Is there a doctor on campus? Faer First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 10-24-2010 04:31 PM

Does campus doctor give out prescriptions?

Old 09-08-2016 at 08:52 AM   #1
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Does campus doctor give out prescriptions?
I need to go to a walk-in clinic to get a prescription for some allergy pills, but it's kinda far and I need to be places. Does the campus student health center do prescriptions? Also is there a pharmacy on campus?
Old 09-08-2016 at 01:32 PM   #2
justicebeaver

Liked: 9 Times

yes and yes (student centre, next to the tables and chairs on main floor)
Old 09-08-2016 at 02:36 PM   #3
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Is medicine there generally cheaper?
Old 09-11-2016 at 03:12 PM   #4
justicebeaver

Liked: 9 Times

I don't know about cheaper, but if you're still a student or still under MSU, you can make a claim with the MSU insurance plan and get a large discount.

https://www.msumcmaster.ca/services-...ce/health-plan
Old 09-17-2016 at 04:46 PM   #5
old guy

Liked: 5 Times

Apparently non-prescription allergy meds aren't covered under the student plan.

And I found Shopper's to be cheaper than the campus drugstore for no-name Reactine. If you're buying expensive stuff with no coverage, make sure you comparison-shop at the Shoppers at Main & Emerson.

Every business in the student centre is there to screw you out of your money, and that now apparently includes the student-run stores.
Old 09-18-2016 at 12:01 AM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guy View Post
Apparently non-prescription allergy meds aren't covered under the student plan.

And I found Shopper's to be cheaper than the campus drugstore for no-name Reactine. If you're buying expensive stuff with no coverage, make sure you comparison-shop at the Shoppers at Main & Emerson.

Every business in the student centre is there to screw you out of your money, and that now apparently includes the student-run stores.
A pharmacy cannot be student-run. Legally it must be by a pharmacist.

There's often a lot of variation in prices for non-prescription items, but much less so for prescription since it tends to be regulated by various laws.