MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does anyone have a macbook air? what do u think of it? fatcat General Discussion 25 08-26-2011 07:16 PM
Macbook Help Dylicious Computers & Tech 6 03-25-2011 05:24 PM
Macbook mfattal General Discussion 43 02-16-2011 05:56 AM
Does Titles sell sunglasses? HeatherH General Discussion 2 04-27-2009 01:35 PM

Does Titles sell chargers for macbook?

Old 10-21-2011 at 03:46 PM   #1
macbaby07
Elite Member

Liked: 54 Times

Does Titles sell chargers for macbook?
My baterry cable/adapter cord stopped working today - does Titles sell them??
Old 10-21-2011 at 04:09 PM   #2
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Yes i think they do.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 10-21-2011 at 04:12 PM   #3
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

yup they do, 3 different types make sure you get the right one for your specific macbook
Old 10-21-2011 at 04:14 PM   #4
macbaby07
Elite Member

Liked: 54 Times

i also just realized im still covered under applecare ... can i still get it replaced by titles or do i need to order it from the apple website?
Old 10-21-2011 at 07:11 PM   #5
JonSnow

Liked: 13 Times

got to go to apple.
Old 10-21-2011 at 07:13 PM   #6
katrinabell

Liked: 19 Times

Make sure you check out what's actually wrong with the laptop. It could be the battery that isn't taking a charge and not that the power cord isn't working. Maybe try popping out the battery and putting it back in and see if that resets it. (This is assuming you don't have a unibody Macbook) Since its under applecare I'd take it to an Apple store and have them check it out. There's one in Burlington now
Old 10-21-2011 at 07:43 PM   #7
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinabell View Post
Make sure you check out what's actually wrong with the laptop. It could be the battery that isn't taking a charge and not that the power cord isn't working. Maybe try popping out the battery and putting it back in and see if that resets it. (This is assuming you don't have a unibody Macbook) Since its under applecare I'd take it to an Apple store and have them check it out. There's one in Burlington now
Yup, it's in Mapleview. Not far from McMaster, really, probably about 15 minutes to drive. Probably about an hour if you're taking public transit though, and that's if you aren't deciding to go at some absurd hour when the buses are less frequent or whatnot.
Old 10-22-2011 at 12:39 AM   #8
sjager

Liked: 59 Times

There is a certified Apple technician at Titles. Bring your laptop by there before you make the trip out to Mapleview at least.
Old 10-22-2011 at 01:39 AM   #9
yoni

Liked: 88 Times

last year the same thing happened to me. covered under warranty, gave it to the people at titles and a new one was mailed to me and I picked it up 2 days later (for free). if you have someone else you can borrow a charger from or leaving campus is an issue then this could be an option.