MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Macbook update mfattal General Discussion 14 02-27-2011 10:24 PM
Macbook mfattal General Discussion 43 02-16-2011 05:56 AM
Buying a Macbook YousifK Computers & Tech 2 08-16-2010 08:17 AM
13.3" Macbook Pro (Unibody) goodnews.inc General Discussion 13 09-21-2009 09:58 PM

Macbook Help

Old 03-24-2011 at 04:02 PM   #1
Dylicious

Liked: 0 Times

Macbook Help
Hello Mcmaster world,

So recently I dropped something on my Macbook and the harddrive broke, which really sucks. I got a new one, but everything on my computer has been kinda whack since it got installed. I am really not good with computers, and I just want it back to the way it was working before. Can anyone out there help me out? Specifically I want the program Logic 9 to work again, I had a copy that worked great and now everythings all jambled up. If theres anyone out there who can hep me CLEAN UP MY COMPUTER and get LOGIC 9 TO WORK that would be awesome!
Old 03-24-2011 at 05:35 PM   #2
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

There's an app for that.
Old 03-24-2011 at 06:06 PM   #3
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

www.microsoft.ca

Old 03-24-2011 at 06:50 PM   #4
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to ask...
Did you load up Snow Leopard or whatever OS you have ?
Old 03-24-2011 at 07:58 PM   #5
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

I hope your laptop explodes in your face.

>:(
Old 03-24-2011 at 09:04 PM   #6
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylicious View Post
Hello Mcmaster world,

So recently I dropped something on my Macbook and the harddrive broke, which really sucks. I got a new one, but everything on my computer has been kinda whack since it got installed. I am really not good with computers, and I just want it back to the way it was working before. Can anyone out there help me out? Specifically I want the program Logic 9 to work again, I had a copy that worked great and now everythings all jambled up. If theres anyone out there who can hep me CLEAN UP MY COMPUTER and get LOGIC 9 TO WORK that would be awesome!
Could you walk us through what you did?!

After replacing the hard drive, how did you go about reinstalling your software. Did you simply transfer your data from your old hard drive?!

Try opening disk utility and click on 'Fix Permissions' and 'Verify Disk'

Let me know how it goes.
Also How old is your macbook?!

Also for the trolls, go find better things to do, grow up. Everyone has different needs out of a laptop, Mac's serve a different purpose and PC's serve a different purpose. The OP clearly needs the mac for his audio editing.
Old 03-25-2011 at 05:24 PM   #7
Dylicious

Liked: 0 Times

well, to those of you that care, I actually sent my laptop in to macmicro when the harddrive broke initially, and they installed the new harddrive and pretty much reinstalled everything that normally comes with a mac. I had to download all my other programs again and install them, so I lost my copy of logic that I had working before the crash. On my computer now are the old save files from logic, and I found I actually have logic 8 the application too, plugged in a serial and got that working, but theres no loops or instruments or anything, i basically can't use it. For now im using Reason 5, which is great, but I get an error message "acess denied" when trying to use certain instruments. Other friends of mine that have the same copy have every instrument work on their computer, so im wondering if this is a data corruption problem. If i could get logic 9 working somehow that would be great, I'm most fluent in that program, but I'm just not sure how to install the torrent correctly, and if I do how do I know that this lingering data corruption wont mess everything up?

p.s microsoft can suck it