MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chemical Biology prerequisites fraunbea Academics 6 06-29-2010 09:14 PM
Question about prerequisites Rakim Academics 5 06-13-2010 03:28 PM
Getting Prerequisites Waived? jade177 Academics 1 06-07-2010 06:35 PM
Majoring in Poli.Sci Maudjee22 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 12-27-2009 09:04 PM
Prerequisites adam1993 General Discussion 6 03-12-2009 05:34 PM

Double Majoring – Prerequisites Problem

Old 01-25-2009 at 08:47 PM   #1
Umair

Liked: 0 Times

Double Majoring – Prerequisites Problem
Hey,

I’m in first year Social Science. I’m planning on double majoring in Political Science and Economics. Initially, I was planning on *only* majoring in Political Science but I found that I really enjoy Economics. I’ve taken ECON 1B03, and I’m currently taking ECON 1BB3. However, I haven’t taken any of the math prerequisites. I can’t take these math courses now as the deadline to switch courses has past.

Any ideas of what I can do? Is it possible to take these math courses in the summer? Should I talk to a Social Science Academic Advisor?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-26-2009 at 03:00 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Once you chose your major it's not final. It's only final when you are filling out your graduate card a few months before your graduation.

That being said, since you are lacking in the courses needed to double major in Econ, there is no way for you to chose Econ as one of your majors when you get that option in March-ish. You can however chose Honours Poli Sci and the Econ later (ie at the end of Year II).

You can look into taking the courses you need during the summer, and changing your majors before the September start. However, I suggest talking to an Academic Advisor about that, because I'm not sure about the process.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 01-28-2009 at 01:43 PM   #3
Umair

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks a lot!

Where do I need to go to see a Social Sciences Academic Advisor? Do I need to book an appointment?

Thanks again.
Old 01-28-2009 at 02:04 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

The Soc Sci academic advisors are in KTH.

If you are looking at the KTH buildings with the Degroote School of Business in front of you, you'll want to go into the building on your right-hand side. That's the only office/thing there. If you happen to go into the other side of KTH and see elevators and tables you've gone in the wrong side.

They used to (and I believe still do) have drop-in sessions; but I'm not sure when (or if) these occur. You can go in and inquire tho.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement