English 1A03 Alchemist11 Academics 2 08-22-2010 08:59 PM
does anyone know how english 1a03 is? Mali Academics 11 12-21-2009 10:24 PM

Dr. Stephan and English 1A03?

Old 01-05-2012 at 01:07 PM   #1
SandraM

Liked: 4 Times

Dr. Stephan and English 1A03?
Hey,
So I was just wondering if anyone on here has had Dr. Stephan before and if so can you tell me how easy he is?

Thanks any feedback would be appreciated!

Sandra
Old 01-05-2012 at 03:10 PM   #2
cessyy

Liked: 1 Time

Yeah! I was also wondering if he was good, or if I should drop the course. They changed the prof last minute I guess.

Hope someone had him and could give some feedback =)
Old 01-05-2012 at 03:48 PM   #3
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

It must have been at the very last minute; he seemed rather nervous and unprepared.
I hope he's good. I was looking forward to taking this English course. I'm fond of poetry, and I wanted a chance to learn a bit more about it.
Old 01-05-2012 at 04:02 PM   #4
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Hey guys! Is it Dr. Lauren Stephen? If so, I can give feedback.
Old 01-05-2012 at 04:14 PM   #5
kipa

Liked: 0 Times

Yeah it is Dr. Lauren Stephen
Old 01-05-2012 at 05:12 PM   #6
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Okay, well I had him for 2R03 last summer (Monsters & Magic). Overall, from what I heard from my most of my classmates, they found him okay, but not great. I liked him, though. I mean, he was a little scattered, but he was enthusiastic about his work, which is what rally counts. He also stutters when he speaks, so that can be a little distracting. I wouldn't say he's a great prof, but he's better than others I've had. The guy I sat beside was disappointed, but, like I said, I didn't think he was a bad prof, just scattered. I guess it depends on your learning style.

alyssarr, BuzzZero, Zebedee all say thanks to lizziepizzie for this post.
Old 01-05-2012 at 05:20 PM   #7
SandraM

Liked: 4 Times

hey lizzie thanks for review....can you also comment on how his exam was if you can thanks
Old 01-05-2012 at 05:33 PM   #8
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

I don't really remember. I think it was short answer and an essay question. But remember, this was a different class than yours is.

Also, just to mention, his subject of choice is nature and literature. There's a thurd year class that revolves around that topic.
Old 01-05-2012 at 07:03 PM   #9
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I don't really remember. I think it was short answer and an essay question. But remember, this was a different class than yours is.

Also, just to mention, his subject of choice is nature and literature. There's a thurd year class that revolves around that topic.
There's also a second year one. 2Z03 with Narduzzi. I'm in it right now.
Old 01-06-2012 at 08:03 AM   #10
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Does anyone know how hard a grader he is? Is it difficult to get a double-digit grade?
Old 01-06-2012 at 11:36 AM   #11
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
Does anyone know how hard a grader he is? Is it difficult to get a double-digit grade?
I would say he's a fair grader, but on the easier side. I finished the class with a 9. I want to stress the fact that he is, like I said before, slightly scattered, so make sure you go through essays when they are returned to you to make sure he hasn't made any mistakes. Some people like the fact that he was scattered because they found the class more light-hearted (if you know what I mean), while others found it harder to follow. Personally, I liked him, and knowing that he was teaching I class I I signed up for wouldn't deter me from taking it.

alyssarr, cessyy all say thanks to lizziepizzie for this post.