Cancelling every course amyshi Academics 3 06-26-2011 05:06 PM
Cancelling a course now Sheep Academics 7 05-10-2011 07:29 AM
Cancelling a Course TLulu Academics 2 06-26-2010 02:20 PM

Dropping / Cancelling a Course

Old 04-08-2016 at 12:38 AM   #1
kereha

Liked: 0 Times

Dropping / Cancelling a Course
Hello, I am trying to figure out how to drop / cancel a course (Calculus 1AA3). The story is I MSAFed the first test, and did not attend the second test since I was planning to drop out. I knew that the deadline was March 11, but I did not want to drop out until after. 3 weeks later (today), I went to see an Academic Advisor to receive a petition form to cancel the course. I did not know that you had to have a legitimate reason (like a doctor's note). I do not know what I could possibly write on my petition form so that they would let me drop out. So my mark is basically like 30% right now since I didn't do the second test. What do I do?
Old 04-08-2016 at 12:55 AM   #2
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

Seems to me like whether you drop the course or not, you're probably going to get a failing grade and there's nothing you can really do. Isnt it 'failure by default' at this point? Why would you wait so long to drop the course?
Old 04-08-2016 at 01:08 AM   #3
kereha

Liked: 0 Times

Yes it was pretty stupid. Do you think they would let my test #2 weight transfer onto my final exam
Old 04-08-2016 at 03:44 AM   #4
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

You should probably talk to the prof and see what they're willing to do. A 100% exam would probably be a better option in your scenario.