MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Refund for residence fee possible? jubilantx First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 03-26-2010 08:43 PM
Question about Dropping Courses Daman K First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 01-14-2010 01:19 AM
Question about dropping courses and SOLAR VoyozooT Academics 2 07-08-2009 03:42 PM
Course Dropping Question k24u21 Academics 5 11-06-2008 09:58 PM
Is it possible to get a refund my MacPass kenvin100 General Discussion 4 08-15-2008 10:52 AM

Dropping a Course (refund question)

Old 06-21-2009 at 02:22 AM   #1
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

Dropping a Course (refund question)
Hello everyone,

I was originally planning on taking a summer course during the second summer semester but I changed my mind and decided to drop it. According to registrar website, I am eligible for a full refund so long as I drop before the 26th. I have already made the payment for this course and so, I was wondering how I would go about getting the refund.

Thanks for your help!
Old 06-21-2009 at 02:40 AM   #2
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times

You'll either get a cheque in the mail or you can talk to Student Accounts and see if they can arrange something to get your money a little bit sooner.

macsci says thanks to myoozik for this post.
Old 06-21-2009 at 02:49 AM   #3
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

Okay, thanks, I wouldn't mind if the money could transfer over to next year's tuition either. I suppose I should see the registrar?
Old 06-21-2009 at 10:57 AM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Yeah, you can also talk to the registrar and asked if it can be used for next year. If it's similar to bursaries and scholarships (the refund that is) then you'll first see a negative amount of money on your student account and then a couple weeks later they'll mail you a check. I suppose you can call the registrar to ask if it can be used for next year, I'm sure they can do something about that. After all, I don't think they would mind holding on to your money XD

macsci says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 06-21-2009 at 11:06 AM   #5
Ashlie

Liked: 10 Times

What Jeremy posted is true, if you drop a course you'll see a negative amount on your account and your tuition for next year will be a bit less when it is applied in September

macsci says thanks to Ashlie for this post.