MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
About Dropping a course after the deadline. Hwaggi Academics 1 03-23-2015 03:49 PM
Dropping a course after deadline david2234 Academics 3 11-19-2013 11:39 PM
Dropping after deadline puppy General Discussion 0 11-09-2012 11:58 PM
dropping after deadline? xsanx Academics 2 11-20-2010 11:53 PM
Dropping courses at the deadline Goce Academics 5 02-26-2009 06:35 PM

Dropping a course rn (Post Deadline)

Old 11-27-2016 at 07:51 PM   #1
A Person

Liked: 0 Times

Dropping a course rn (Post Deadline)
Guys, I wanna know if you can cancel a course but not fail by default at this point.

I really need to not fail guys, like I thought this assignment was only 10% and I was behind because I had been sick for a while so I just didn't bother writing it cause at this point theres no point and I couldn't use an MSAF to extend it and a lot of other things needed my attention but now I noticed that it is worth 30%! I'm on Academic probation and I was doing well this year till now. I need help guys! I am gonna cry! Just please tell me if theres a way not to fail by default! PLEASE!
Old 11-28-2016 at 01:00 AM   #2
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

No.

You might ask the prof to extend it for you, but chances are slim. You aren't in grade school, no one cares about your tears and problems. Sad but true.

I also don't understand how you would want to drop the whole course because of one assignment. What did you do with the other 70% of your final grade? Seems like really a waste to drop it now. At least if you stay in the class, you can kill it on the exam.
Old 11-28-2016 at 10:41 AM   #3
MovingTarget

Liked: 6 Times

Ya there's literally a week left of school. There's no way you'd be able to drop it without failure by default. You can try asking your prof if he'll accept the assignment late (if he does it will no doubt come with a huge mark penalty). Your best bet is to study your ass off for the exam and try to pass the course with a 50