MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dropping a Course Scuderia Academics 8 11-13-2010 05:08 AM
Dropping a Course? Let Us Know! julianface Academics 2 07-30-2010 02:23 PM
Dropping Out! drwho Academics 15 11-26-2009 12:28 AM
course dropping?? neff Academics 6 11-08-2008 01:32 PM
Dropping a course... georgeb.1990 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 09-25-2008 10:40 AM

Dropping out..

Old 01-11-2011 at 10:52 PM   #1
Cassandraa87

Liked: 1 Time

Dropping out..
sooo basically i have chosen a completly different career avenue and will be needing to drop out of mac this term in order to finish and meet the requirements of the program im going into at another university.
QUESTION ..how do i go about dropping out? Who do i contact ? Also, what happens to my OSAP i still have coming to me but have not picked up?

Thank you to anyone who can answer me !!
Old 01-11-2011 at 10:54 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandraa87 View Post
sooo basically i have chosen a completly different career avenue and will be needing to drop out of mac this term in order to finish and meet the requirements of the program im going into at another university.
QUESTION ..how do i go about dropping out? Who do i contact ? Also, what happens to my OSAP i still have coming to me but have not picked up?

All your questions would best be answered by an academic counsellor in your associate dean's office, and go as soon as possible so that you can get your money back for this term.

For Humanities: The office is in CNH112 with more contact info here: http://www.humanities.mcmast er.ca/...ice/index.html
Old 01-11-2011 at 10:54 PM   #3
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Quote:

You're giving me ideas...if you know what I mean.
Old 01-11-2011 at 10:58 PM   #4
Cassandraa87

Yea, I was extremly hesitant on choosing to drop out but in order to ensure i get into the program i need to drop out so i have the time to get all the requirements done ..

So going to visit my faculty advisor would be my best option? would they be able to drop me out or is that another administration? Is there a specific date i need to go by in order to get my money back for the term?
Old 01-11-2011 at 11:02 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Yea, I was extremly hesitant on choosing to drop out but in order to ensure i get into the program i need to drop out so i have the time to get all the requirements done ..

So going to visit my faculty advisor would be my best option? would they be able to drop me out or is that another administration? Is there a specific date i need to go by in order to get my money back for the term?
I'm not sure about the exact procedure, but your faculty advisors are the most knowledgeable in terms of telling you what steps you need to take and who you need to contact about getting this done. The final date for course add/drop/cancellation is tomorrow. After that, they take 20%+ of what you paid in depending on when you cancel it. Here's the refund table if you want to take a look at it: http://www.mcmaster.ca/bms/student/p...ncellation.pdf
My advice, go as soon as possible, first thing in the morning!
Old 01-11-2011 at 11:04 PM   #6
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:

Your in luck because that date to get a FULL refund was extended till tommorow at midnight. So talk with an academic adviser ASAP. They will be able to help you out with dropping the courses and stuff.
Old 01-11-2011 at 11:19 PM   #7
Cassandraa87

wooooooh thank god !!! I will be going tomorrow morning bright and early, Thanks so much guys
Old 01-11-2011 at 11:23 PM   #8
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

Quote:
wooooooh thank god !!! I will be going tomorrow morning bright and early, Thanks so much guys
No problem..