MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer School Class RememberTwce First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-01-2010 05:54 PM
Dropping a class mcmaster0812 Academics 1 06-27-2010 06:36 PM
German 1Z06 Summer Class EasternHeat First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 05-04-2010 04:19 PM
Summer School/Failed Class Ruggedman Academics 6 04-15-2010 12:28 AM

Dropping Summer Class

Old 06-13-2010 at 11:23 PM   #1
MrSmith

Liked: 4 Times

Dropping Summer Class
Hey, so i wanted to drop my 2nd term summer class and i was wondering when i drop it on solar will i receive a cheque in the mail for the sum or will it be credited to my account.
Old 06-13-2010 at 11:25 PM   #2
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

im pretty sure mcmaster won't send you a cheque in the mail lol. kinda goes against the whole idea of it
Old 06-13-2010 at 11:25 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
Hey, so i wanted to drop my 2nd term summer class and i was wondering when i drop it on solar will i receive a cheque in the mail for the sum or will it be credited to my account.
It'll be credited to your account, you can call student cashiers to ask for a cheque though. Cheques are mailed out, but all at once. So I don't think you'll be getting a cheque anytime soon unless you ask for one.
Old 06-14-2010 at 12:24 AM   #4
Ender

Liked: 30 Times

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they send out the cheque on the last day of the drop/add day for term 2. June 25 I think it is.
Old 06-14-2010 at 12:11 PM   #5
MrSmith

Liked: 4 Times

How long does it take for your student account to be updated...i just dropped my class and i dont see a credit.
Old 06-14-2010 at 02:18 PM   #6
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

If there's no credit shown within 24 hours I think you should call.
Old 06-14-2010 at 02:36 PM   #7
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they send out the cheque on the last day of the drop/add day for term 2. June 25 I think it is.
I dropped a summer course last year (Summer 2009), and did not get a cheque until February/March 2010. I would say that its highly unlikely that you will be sent a cheque on the last day of the add/drop period…email the Student Accounts and Cashiers if you need the cheque soon.
Old 06-14-2010 at 09:35 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtt View Post
I dropped a summer course last year (Summer 2009), and did not get a cheque until February/March 2010. I would say that its highly unlikely that you will be sent a cheque on the last day of the add/drop period…email the Student Accounts and Cashiers if you need the cheque soon.
I believe that's when they send out the cheques... When I had a credit on my student account, I got a cheque around february.