MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FInal exams AM17 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 11-05-2011 10:31 AM
Early Write for Exams? sunshine123 Academics 3 10-15-2011 09:51 AM
Exam early write karen974555 Academics 8 10-14-2011 03:44 AM
Help! CHEM 2OA3 Early Write Location? crazytown Academics 0 10-22-2009 10:11 PM
When are Final Exams Roughly? RoyK Academics 2 10-16-2008 01:52 PM

Early write for final exams

Old 11-05-2011 at 08:03 PM   #1
Adino

Liked: 0 Times

Early write for final exams
Hi,

Does anyone know who I should contact to see if I can write my final exam early?
Old 11-05-2011 at 08:45 PM   #2
Nort

Liked: 18 Times

Try talking to your prof, but what will probably happen is that they will make you write the exam at a date after everyone else has. Its what they do for people who are sick during exam time or have some other genuine reason why they cant write. They wont do it for you if you just want to catch a flight home early and your last exam happens to be on the 23rd of Dec or something. Honestly I don't think I've ever heard of an instance where someone was allowed to write early.
Old 11-05-2011 at 09:30 PM   #3
katrinabell

Liked: 19 Times

If you don't write it in December you have to write it over Reading Week.
Old 11-06-2011 at 08:14 PM   #4
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Final exams are almost never written early (because you could tell other people what's on the exam before they write it). Like kartinabell said, you will most likely have to write it over Reading Week in February. The first person you can try to contact is your professor. But keep in mind that it has to be a legit reason. Wanting to leave early for vacation or something like that isn't a good enough excuse.
Old 11-07-2011 at 05:20 PM   #5
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

For the faculty of science, there's a deferred exam form on their website that you print off, fill out and bring to them along with whatever documentation is required. Other faculties probably have something similar. There is no need to contact the prof at all. Also, as people have said, you won't be allowed to write early--it'll happen during reading week. That's not really up to the prof at all.