60%60%60%
Interest
70%70%70%
Easiness
100%100%100%
Average 75%
Earth Sci 2WW3

Took this course winter 2011.

In this course there were a number of quizes, 2 midterms and an exam.

The midterms in this course were very easy if you're able to comprehensively memorize the lecture slides. Averages on the tests were lower than a lot of people expected and I believe that is because many people were unable to memorize the volume of information in the course (which I did not find to be that much). However, there were odd inclusions such as memorizing geographic trends on maps which can be difficult as no other course I took has asked me to memorize such details).

The exam was harder based on the fact that a fair amount of the information required was not provided in the course.

Quizes in the course were online and came straight from the textbook. Another easy bonus quiz was offered and counted for 5% of your final grade.

The prof, Sonnenberg was not the greatest, but attendance of the class was only necessary to watch in-class videos.

An easy elective.

JordanRets says thanks to Fight0 for this post.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Earth Sci 2WW3!

Old 06-04-2011 at 05:57 PM   #2
karna

Liked: 28 Times
easy 11- 12
Old 06-05-2011 at 05:14 AM   #3
lyonsnew

Liked: 3 Times
I hear stuff like 'easy 11-12' all the time. Does that mean the class average was an 11? I didn't think that was allowed.
Old 06-05-2011 at 06:18 AM   #4
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonsnew View Post
I hear stuff like 'easy 11-12' all the time. Does that mean the class average was an 11? I didn't think that was allowed.
I would not condemn myself to speak to the average person.

I kid.

Old 06-05-2011 at 09:01 AM   #5
Unknown111

Liked: 2 Times
Class average was around a 75ish. However, given the course content and the leniency of the course breakdown there really shouldn't be a reason why you get lower tan 80%.
Old 06-05-2011 at 10:05 AM   #6
karna

Berniers quizzes are easy and it takes less than 15 mins to do them. quizzes are worth 20 % and mostly people get above 90%.

1st midterm was really easy people finished 1 hr midterm in 25 mins. easy to get 90 in 1st midterm.

2nd midterm was a bit hard. But not that hard that you cant get 80.

Final exam was application type. But he gave 25questions to practice and all 25 showed up on exam so you have minimum 25 / 100. Not too hard to get 80 in final.

Which means not too hard to get 10 or 11.
Old 08-12-2011 at 04:52 PM   #7
jaym

Liked: 0 Times
Is the textbook for this class worth buying or do you get most of the information from the lectures?
Old 08-23-2011 at 09:45 PM   #8
Sultan

Liked: 3 Times
I took this couse in the winter of 2010 with Berneir.

The quizzes in this course are super easy and right out of the textbook, you just have to flip through and find where the answer is. At times, people were confused about some of the questions asked because the wording was wierd (or maybe they were looking to into it) and I remember 2-3 occasions where I could not find the answer, but overall it was easy. The quizzes are the only part of the course that you need a textbook for. You could try to answer without the textbook but it's harder trying to find the right information online not knowing if the information you find clashes with the texbook (from where the questions are derived). My friend had the textbook and I didn't so we both just used it together to work on the quizzes.

The midterms are straightforward. But, a bit of warning. Bernier, is really good at making MC questions that can confuse you and he will ask the tiniest detail. I did okay in the first midterm and thereafter literally wrote down everything that came out of his mouth and did much better in the second midterm. So, I would recommend that you write everything, no detail is too irrelevant.

From what I remember, the exam was 40 questions in the same style as the midterms. Then, 60 questions were like case study where you read a blurb about a country and then answer 10 questions about it. Although the blurb was useless and you didn't need to read it to answer the questions. We couldn't prepare for this part, it was all new. But it was extremely logical stuff. People only doubted themselves because they had a hard time believeing it was that easy. I do think he gave 1 or 2 case study before hand so you can get a feel for it.

Oh yeah, we had to watch videos, which were interesting but completely ruined by the fact that we had to take notes since they were on the midterm/exam. Course was fairly intersting, albeit, a bit dry.

Overall I would recommend this course to anyone who can memorize. Should be able to get an 11 without too much stress.
Old 09-12-2011 at 09:20 PM   #9
jennizhang67

Did anyone get the txtbook and found it useful? I dont know if i should get the txtbook or not.

Your advice would be really helpful. Thank you!
Old 09-13-2011 at 11:10 AM   #10
mannp6

do you need a text book?
Old 09-22-2011 at 07:05 PM   #11
Strategy

Liked: 46 Times
There are 20 Mult choice questions every quiz which seems like a lot.

How tough are the quizzes and what do they test on? Random specific stats ?
Old 09-25-2011 at 12:13 AM   #12
karna

they are from text book. no application question just the facts. class avg for those quizzes are usually in 90s. you dont even have to read textbook, just flip pages.

Last edited by karna : 09-26-2011 at 05:41 AM.
Old 01-09-2012 at 07:03 PM   #13
cloverleaf

its an easy 11 or 12. if you need a course to pull up your GPA, this is the course to take
Old 01-11-2012 at 04:15 PM   #14
tamarakucera

Liked: 6 Times
does anybody have the course outline for this course with soennenberg? i need it asap! please and thank you
Old 01-12-2012 at 02:37 AM   #15
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarakucera View Post
does anybody have the course outline for this course with soennenberg? i need it asap! please and thank you
here you go
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28968246/2WW...l ine_A2L.pdf

tamarakucera says thanks to Commie8507 for this post.

tamarakucera likes this.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search