MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Easiest 1st year electives? MackenzieS Academics 11 06-28-2011 08:06 PM
Easiest Second year economics course? kanishka Academics 4 08-19-2010 04:24 PM
EASIEST engineering fields? ash1709 Academics 41 06-11-2010 03:18 PM
Easiest/best Profs in Engineering klibzy General Discussion 5 08-23-2009 01:46 PM
The Top 3 Easiest Courses You've Ever Taken spyder83 Academics 40 06-25-2009 09:56 PM

The Easiest Elective From This List

Old 05-27-2012 at 11:03 AM   #1
valconrj

Liked: 0 Times

The Easiest Elective From This List
From the list below, can anyone give me the course that is the easiest/lightest workload? I just need three units so I'm trying to stay away from the six unit courses and such.

Thanks guys!

http://www.eng.mcmaster.ca/documents/electives.pdf
Old 05-27-2012 at 11:12 AM   #2
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

It's really up to you...pick what you like and what you are good with. Music? Writing? Math? Everyone is different...with unique talents and abilities. If you tell us what you like, we may be able to help further...
Old 05-27-2012 at 11:17 AM   #3
muons

Liked: 84 Times

Pretty much everyone will recommend Econ 1B03

MacPack likes this.
Old 05-27-2012 at 11:25 AM   #4
karna

Liked: 28 Times

econ 1b03, 1bb3, 2j03
music 2ii3
geo 3ee3, 2ei3
sanskrit 3a06
Old 05-27-2012 at 11:33 AM   #5
bobthehorse

Liked: 1 Time

Not necessarily the easiest, but anything from Indigenous Studies is awesome and really interesting.
Old 05-27-2012 at 11:56 AM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Definitely go with what interests you, at least to narrow down the long list of electives and then maybe look into each course through course reviews to make up your mind about 1. Each person can only recommend what they've taken and what they like, so it may not necessarily apply to you as well e.g. for me that was Hth Age 1BB3, but it definitely wasn't for everyone.
Old 05-27-2012 at 01:54 PM   #7
vinny06

Liked: 3 Times

As said earlier, go with something that interests you since you'll be more inclined to put 'work' into that subject. If you still can't make a decision, you may want to go with Health and Age 1AA3. I took this course as an elective last year and Dr. Voros was the professor.

To summarize, you look at general concepts surrounding health care and health care systems. I was quite interested in such material before taking this course (which is why I took it), so I enjoyed it. However, you should know that not everyone did enjoy all of the material. I remember someone saying that if you liked the documentary Sicko you'd probably like this course, and I would say that's accurate. Also, I would say this was not a very demanding course.

You may be interested in knowing that my roommate was a first year engineering student and asked me the very question you're asking here. I made the same recommendation to him. He wasn't really interested in the material but did take the course as he could not find an alternative that fit his schedule. He put in a mediocre effort and ended up with a 10, which he was happy with.

If you want more information about the course, I'd be happy to give it to you. However, I'm sure there's a course review that has all the information that you may want.

Last edited by vinny06 : 05-27-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-27-2012 at 02:02 PM   #8
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

I didnt like econ 1b03, was NOT for me.

bysj9183 likes this.
Old 05-27-2012 at 02:30 PM   #9
kirsten..!

Liked: 26 Times

definitely think about what youre interested in. if you like math type stuff, maybe econ, if you like health and people, take a health class. if youve always been interested in german but never had the opportunity to learn it, this can be a chance to open the door to new things. its really up to you, some people will say class x is easier than class y, while others might say class y is easier than class x, its different for everyone. youre more likely to do good if youre interested in the content, so take something thats interesting to you rather than something people say is "easy" !
Old 05-27-2012 at 08:44 PM   #10
Juliann

Liked: 3 Times

Do anything you feel you have a general interest in! I heard a lot of engineers tend to take both econs for management. Both of the econs aren't that bad with a little bit of work. I heart good things also about first year anthro and geography courses. Take a look at the reviews on Macinsiders, and the course code description on the registrar!

Julian