MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
summer school easy electives for term2? civil First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-23-2010 02:08 PM
summer school easy electives for term2? civil Academics 1 06-23-2010 11:32 AM
summer school easy electives for term2? civil Academics 0 06-23-2010 11:27 AM
Summer School First Year Easy Courses Richa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 06-24-2009 01:27 PM
Easy 1st year courses for Summer School jstansfi Academics 5 02-23-2009 10:39 PM

Easy summer school courses

Old 03-24-2010 at 04:15 PM   #1
Mickel

Liked: 12 Times

Easy summer school courses
Hello,

I'm planning on taking summer school courses this year, 1 course per summer term. I can only take one more first year course because of my program requirement. So I'll have to take 1 first year course and 1 upper year course. Could anyone please suggest easy courses to take? Because I have to work full time in Toronto everyday and the commute time is quite lengthy. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-24-2010 at 04:28 PM   #2

Liked: 31 Times

First off sorry but I can't recommend any particular courses. However what I want to propose is taking a hard class. A lot of people look for bird courses to take in the summer but it makes 10x more sense to take a harder one since you are only taking one course. That way you can take the bird course during the year when you have other more difficult courses alongside it to give yourself a break. Also if you can get one of your pre-req courses out of the way in the summer you will be more flexible in the fall... just a thought, although that's not to say that your particular situation doesn't preclude you from taking a harder course in the summer. Just wanted to put that out there. Good luck with your selection.
Old 03-24-2010 at 06:45 PM   #3
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

I had the same question. I'm taking two classes per summer term. One of them is gonna be hard already, but I need another one
Old 03-24-2010 at 07:50 PM   #4
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

bio 2f03, enviro 1a03, 1b03 are easy
Old 03-24-2010 at 09:19 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Compare the MacInsiders course reviews to what is offered this summer. You can check out the reviews section here: http://www.macinsiders.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 03-24-2010 at 11:03 PM   #6
khaotic

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmasud View Post
I had the same question. I'm taking two classes per summer term. One of them is gonna be hard already, but I need another one
Maybe you should consider taking 1 course per term cause I've heard some people have trouble keeping up with how fast the material goes by. What course do you plan to take in the summer? If its something like Math 2Z04 or 2ZZ5 then maybe consider taking only that one for the term.
Old 03-25-2010 at 11:31 AM   #7
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaotic View Post
Maybe you should consider taking 1 course per term cause I've heard some people have trouble keeping up with how fast the material goes by. What course do you plan to take in the summer? If its something like Math 2Z04 or 2ZZ5 then maybe consider taking only that one for the term.
Ya, I'm planning on taking 2Z04 and 2ZZ5 in the two terms. I was thinking of taking econ 1b03 and 1bb3 along with them cause those two are pretty easy classes.