MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Econ 3T03 Summer GHislop Academics 0 07-05-2010 12:22 PM
ALL econ classes are full? lizziemcg Academics 8 06-23-2010 02:50 AM
3rd Year Econ Classes - Need Some Advice :) PTGregD Academics 0 06-23-2009 12:15 AM
Summer classes khaotic First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 03-24-2009 06:52 AM
Summer Classes James Academics 3 03-23-2009 12:18 PM

ECON 3T03 SUMMER - Missed Classes due to Illness (Help :O)

Old 07-07-2011 at 01:05 PM   #1
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

ECON 3T03 SUMMER - Missed Classes due to Illness (Help :O)
So the jist of it is that I've had bronchitis, it's contagious, between the constant coughing and sneezing blood, and generally just not being able to breathe, I just haven't felt it necessary to go to the last 4 classes.

I e-mailed the professor immediately when I got ill (10 bloody days ago), sent off another e-mail 2 nights ago, and have still not received a response. Needless to say, I'm pissed and I'm stressed, because we have a midterm next week and I don't even know ANYTHING about these assignments we have.

If anyone can provide me the notes from June 27, June 29, July 4, and July 6, that would be really appreciated and I will owe you big time.

Or if you know anyone who's in this class, could you please pass on the message? I'm in a huge pickle.

I shouldn't have to drop this class and lose out on 400 dollars because the professor is too bloody unprofessional to answer my e-mails.

Thanks in advance.

(I've also tried sending out a mass e-mail using the class list, still no luck... probably because there's absolutely NO reason to go on Avenue).

(On a related note: How do you go about filing a complaint against a professor? This is completely unacceptable. I need this credit in order to graduate on time, she has an obligation to at least ANSWER my e-mail. All I asked is whether she can accommodate me and forward the lecture notes because I have no contact with anyone in the class and if we can schedule a meetup where we can go over the case studies we have. Yep. REALLY unprofessional that she can't at least e-mail me back saying "no I can't accommodate you.")

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 07-07-2011 at 01:17 PM.

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 07-07-2011 at 01:20 PM   #2
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

Go to class and cough on her.

Old 07-07-2011 at 01:30 PM   #3
MCMashetty

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
Go to class and cough on her.
It's always good to see a Health Sci student recommending the spread of disease. Why don't you just supply lawleypop with some anthrax while you're at it?

icecubz likes this.
Old 07-07-2011 at 02:05 PM   #4
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMashetty View Post
It's always good to see a Health Sci student recommending the spread of disease. Why don't you just supply lawleypop with some anthrax while you're at it?
Because me coughing on my prof would only make her sick.

I would take out the motherfuggin WORLD with anthrax. ;D

Old 07-07-2011 at 02:37 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I would say contact the associate dean of the faculty to complain about the professor.
Old 07-07-2011 at 02:50 PM   #6
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMashetty View Post
Ah well, I'm only a transfer so not officially a health sci yet =P
Old 07-07-2011 at 10:22 PM   #7
RockerSocker
Account Locked

Liked: 90 Times

Why don't you go to her office hours and speak to her in person? Or at least do the readings in the textbook? I'm pretty sure it's the student's responsibility to get notes from classmates or make other accommodations if they're sick.
Old 07-07-2011 at 10:31 PM   #8
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerSocker View Post
Why don't you go to her office hours and speak to her in person? Or at least do the readings in the textbook? I'm pretty sure it's the student's responsibility to get notes from classmates or make other accommodations if they're sick.
I think if she went to her office hours, she'd end up coughing blood on the prof...which was my suggestion...

Last edited by MichaelScarn : 07-07-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-07-2011 at 10:36 PM   #9
UlteriorMtve

Liked: 199 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
I think if he went to her office hours, he'd end up coughing blood on her...which was my suggestion...
Pretty sure lawleypop is a girl

lawleypop says thanks to UlteriorMtve for this post.

lawleypop likes this.
Old 07-07-2011 at 10:40 PM   #10
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorMtve View Post
Pretty sure lawleypop is a girl
Woops my bad, got distracted by the picture of vegeta

lawleypop, UlteriorMtve like this.
Old 07-07-2011 at 10:47 PM   #11
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

My suggestion is to have a friend go during office hours or contact her. Phone: (905) 525- 9140, extension 26095 (office)
Old 07-07-2011
lawleypop
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-08-2011 at 04:12 AM   #12
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

why dont u call ur department office and ask for some1 who will fix ur prob asap
Old 07-08-2011 at 06:29 AM   #13
Nicole

Liked: 2 Times

I agree call the head of the department of the course you are taking and try to get some answers through them.

Also, not sure if this is helpful but there is a McMaster Student Absence Form. Not sure if you would use it in this situation.

http://www.mcmaster.ca/msaf/
Old 07-08-2011 at 06:53 AM   #14
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
I agree call the head of the department of the course you are taking and try to get some answers through them.

Also, not sure if this is helpful but there is a McMaster Student Absence Form. Not sure if you would use it in this situation.

http://www.mcmaster.ca/msaf/
I was absent for more than 5 days. I have a doctor's note and a prescription, so I'm good if she has the nerve to question it.

It's just a matter of she won't reply to me. t_t still...