MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Last Day to Pay for Summer 2010 classes? Shyne44 Financial Aid 3 05-23-2010 01:13 PM
Question Regarding Summer School Classes eleduc Academics 10 01-05-2010 10:05 PM
summer classes considered second rate darkstar General Discussion 3 08-26-2009 08:28 PM
Entering 2nd Year Commerce - What Classes to Take in Summer? jwei Academics 6 03-25-2009 07:19 PM
Summer Classes James Academics 3 03-23-2009 12:18 PM

Summer classes

Old 08-17-2008 at 05:52 PM   #1
khaotic

Liked: 18 Times

Summer classes
Well my term 1 is packed and there's no other way to make it managable unless I take one of my courses (Econ 1B03) in the summer. I was hoping if one of you could tell me if all courses are available during summer, how they work, and how I would apply for a class in the summer.

Thanx
Old 08-17-2008 at 06:50 PM   #2
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Not all classes are offered in the summer, I don't think the faculty will know for sure yet but you can call them and ask, if it's a popular class/ if it's been offered in the summer for many years prior then they'll probably be able to give you a reliable answer.

Summer courses are basically a regular term course but packed into half the time (so in one regular semester you have 4 months for a class, in the summer you have six weeks. If it's a full year class you get 8 months during the year, in the summer you get 3 months) so the workload can be more intense.

You will find out what courses are available in the summer for sure/ you can start applying in March.

Last edited by lorend : 08-17-2008 at 08:14 PM.

moskal89 says thanks to kokosas for this post.
Old 03-23-2009 at 11:19 PM   #3
moskal89

Liked: 0 Times

Hello,

i was just wondering what the schedual would look like..as in would it be like 3 classes during the week and one tutorial or just one long class once a week...etc. please let me know

- Julia
Old 03-24-2009 at 02:38 AM   #4
carrka

Liked: 14 Times

it all depends on the class that you take.
For example I took labour studies 1A03 last summer and I had a 2 hour class on tuesday with an hour tutorial after class and a 2 hour class on thursday.
Old 03-24-2009 at 06:52 AM   #5
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

You can check the master timetable to see what the schedule is like for the summer courses. This is the website that the master timetable is at.

https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/index.php