MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Commerce 2FA3 vs. Economics 2IO3 spyridm Academics 5 06-07-2011 11:17 PM
Is economics 4th year courses necessary to minor in economics? lululand Academics 3 09-06-2010 11:36 PM
commerce / economics minor in humanities? ralphd Academics 0 09-12-2008 07:58 PM

Economics year 2 to Commerce II

Old 01-24-2013 at 11:04 PM   #1
callmeliz

Liked: 0 Times

Economics year 2 to Commerce II
Hey, im currently in honours economics and sociology. I was wondering how hard it would be to switch into commerce II at this point.. Is it possible? will it take an extra year for me to catch up on the commerce courses? is there a specific average i'll need? thanks!!
Old 01-24-2013 at 11:12 PM   #2
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

"Requirements for Admission into Commerce Level 2":
http://www.degroote.mcmaster .ca/ug...11 forweb.pdf

Not sure if this will be helpful for you now:
http://www.degroote.mcmaster .ca/ug...trhd_002.p df

Talk to an academic advisor, she should be able to help you out.
Old 01-25-2013 at 10:06 AM   #3
jordko

Liked: 13 Times

Pretty much impossible to do. People with 12 averages in honours econ second year typically won't get accepted to commerce 2. Even if you tried to switch into first year commerce it likely wont happen.
Old 01-25-2013 at 10:35 AM   #4
Phaint
Account Locked

Liked: 131 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
"Requirements for Admission into Commerce Level 2":
http://www.degroote.mcmaster .ca/ug...11 forweb.pdf

Not sure if this will be helpful for you now:
http://www.degroote.mcmaster .ca/ug...trhd_002.p df

Talk to an academic advisor, she should be able to help you out.
Both of these links are for people already in the Commerce program, not people transferring into it. The first link is for people in Business I already.

If you are looking to transfer in it is possible but the spots are very limited and competitive. Its also not as unrealistic as having a 12 average and still getting denied.

You shouldn't come on MI for information on transferring or anything serious about your academic career. All everyone is just doing is googling for you (although trying to help) and the responses are always conflicting or misleading (and in this case flat out incorrect).

Seek an academic advisor asap. This is precisely what you are already paying them for.

ZSimon, zwitter like this.
Old 01-26-2013 at 04:16 PM   #5
L_Blankfein

Liked: 11 Times

Just go to LSE if you already have a 12 average, lol.
Old 01-26-2013 at 05:20 PM   #6
rpg51
Elite Member

Liked: 139 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Blankfein View Post
Just go to LSE if you already have a 12 average, lol.
Takes more than a 12 average to get into LSE
Old 01-27-2013 at 01:26 AM   #7
L_Blankfein

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpg51 View Post
Takes more than a 12 average to get into LSE
YOU DON'T SAY, NERD.
Old 01-29-2013 at 06:56 PM   #8
keiser=)

Liked: 12 Times

If i were you go to dsb academic program office (1st floor), talk to academic advisor that you have plans to transfer into commerce 2. It will not be easy to transfer directly into commerce 2 because you might have atleast 7 average plus you have to take commerce 1pa0, computer science 1ba3 and any additional requirements. The good side is you can easily transfer economics (required courses) and sociology courses you took and double minor in it with commerce degree.
Old 02-01-2013 at 02:22 PM   #9
BrownTown993

Liked: 6 Times

Hey! I'm in second year Econ and looking to do the same thing as you! I heard the cutoff starts at 7.0 and can get up to 8.0. If you have a 7.0 you have a good chance. I've been looking into this for some time, so if you have any questions don't hesitate to message me