MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Egypt: Mubarak Resigns ~*Sara*~ General Discussion 19 02-11-2011 07:48 PM
Update: Egypt Chad MacInsiders Announcements 56 02-02-2011 09:45 PM
Anyone been to Egypt recently? Am I crazy to go there? melchizedek General Discussion 9 03-17-2010 06:33 PM

Egypt August 14/08/2013

Old 08-15-2013 at 08:14 PM   #1
Galanthus
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 11 Times

Egypt August 14/08/2013
Thought of shedding some light on the situation in Egypt. It's quite sad and frightening to see what's happening in the country of such great civilization!
What do you guys think?
Old 08-15-2013 at 08:24 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Ah, I was half hoping this would come up, half hoping it wouldn't. I'm Egyptian so I'm obviously biased, but I do think it's terrible. I just disagree with who the Western media is blaming. No, it wasn't the army/police forces that killed ALL those ___ protestors (numbers are debatable).
Old 08-15-2013 at 08:58 PM   #3
Galanthus
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 11 Times

I'm not Egyptian but I admire the Egyptian civilization and Middle Eastern culture generally. The architecture, the art, the food, the music , the era of the Golden ages with so many remarkable scientists, the people. Really I find it so aesthetic! (You can sense I admire cultures and traditions lol)

I don't know I have Egyptian friends and they're quite torn in opinion too. Some share your opinion and others are totally blaming the army. But I'm interested, if you don't mind me asking, why do you think it's not the army/police that killed all those protesters and who do you think shared in the killing of those protesters?
Old 08-15-2013 at 11:37 PM   #4
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Politics is complicated and it's hard to take sides in such a situation. However, i don't think that the army is at fault; it's their job to protect the country and keep it safe for all. Despite all the chaos that's going on, the army is trying their best to maintain security in the country.

The media always shows the "extreme" side of things and leaves the other important things out. I am sure many people who've been following the news might think that the army is the cause of all the trouble in Egypt, but if you really think about it, the army is just doing their job to maintain security and stability in the region.

It's very disappointing and sad to see Egypt go through all that. I just hope things get much better and the Egyptians can once again live in peace and harmony.

Last edited by jim1 : 08-15-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old 08-19-2013 at 05:36 AM   #5
RiskBreaker

Liked: 5 Times

What kind of an army kills it's own citizens?
Old 08-19-2013 at 07:31 AM   #6
topkek

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galanthus View Post
Thought of shedding some light on the situation in Egypt. It's quite sad and frightening to see what's happening in the country of such great civilization!
What do you guys think?
The Egypt today has nothing to do with ancient Egypt. The more chaos in middle east, the better it is for Israel.

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 08-19-2013 at 08:57 PM   #7
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskBreaker View Post
And you know this.. how? The army isn't killing the protestors.
Old 08-19-2013 at 09:06 PM   #8
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskBreaker View Post
US Army.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anwar_al-Awlaki ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdulra...an_al -Awlaki

Whoops.

Old 08-19-2013 at 09:14 PM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Ah, I remember that. Good ol' American hypocrisy.

This is a video of police officers killed, rather, massacred in the most unimaginable way possible in Kerdasa police station. Please explain to me how the millitary could've possibly killed them.

DISCLAIMER- GRAPHIC AND BLOODY. PLEASE DON'T WATCH IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7RJtYNOOcA

Last edited by ~*Sara*~ : 08-19-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-30-2013
rudolf
This message has been removed by a moderator. .