MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bug problem. amyshi General Discussion 41 10-12-2010 09:10 PM
Can someone help with my problem? Rakim First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 12-24-2009 01:58 PM
Problem! noghi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-13-2009 12:21 PM
ELM problem maverick1990 General Discussion 10 09-09-2009 03:07 PM
is this a problem? sj316 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-12-2008 11:28 AM

Elm Problem

Old 09-11-2009 at 04:47 PM   #31
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky View Post
Both Internet explorer and Firefox are supported in ELM.
Hmmm, thats weird.

Here's how you know what is supported: http://kb.blackboard.com/pages/viewp...eI d=25368512
Old 09-11-2009 at 05:58 PM   #32
Rob Mac

Liked: 14 Times

so my problem is once I click on the courses link I can see my 1 course but when I click on it it just goes to a page that says:
You cannot use this method to open a new browser window while logged in to the Learning System. If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer on Windows, to run the Learning System in multiple browser windows, you must open a new instance of the browser and log in.
If you believe you have received this message in error, please restart your browser and try again.
So does this mean that I can't have any other tabs open while I am using ELM. If so that will suck.

EDIT: So after I closed all my otehr tabs and tried it agin I saw my class page for about 2 seconds and them it went to the same error message so...

Last edited by Rob Mac : 09-11-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-11-2009 at 06:22 PM   #33
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Many courses I have added but deleted since the summer appear on my elm list. Kinda messy
Old 09-11-2009 at 07:33 PM   #34
MarkA

Liked: 25 Times

Is anyone else getting a warning like this when they try to open a course page?

"An applet from "elmls.mcmaster.cais" is requesting unrestricted access to your computer."
"The digital signature from "dc.blackboard.co m" has been verified."

I'm using OSX 10.5, and this pops up in both Safari and Firefox. I'm a bit reluctant to click accept, what with the whole "unrestricted access" part.
Old 09-11-2009 at 07:38 PM   #35
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

ELM will most likely calm down in the next few days, courses are still going up, professors are lost on how to use it, etc etc,
Old 09-11-2009 at 07:52 PM   #36
MarkA

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
ELM will most likely calm down in the next few days, courses are still going up, professors are lost on how to use it, etc etc,
You'd think that they'd be prepared for the number of students... actually, who am I kidding, Mac's never prepared for the number of students online.

The fact that I have yet to open the one course that shows up for me, despite trying on several different computers, operating systems and browsers, has me more than a little concerned. It seems that whatever testing they did for elm wasn't nearly enough. Hopefully it's just traffic issues...
Old 09-11-2009 at 08:58 PM   #37
Omega_X13

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanp View Post
ive found that elm has been working...only incredibly slowly
Yeah, I'm able to login and see my list of courses okay, but when I actually try to go into a certain course, it takes forever to load.
Old 09-11-2009 at 09:28 PM   #38
rosie_2

Liked: 0 Times

Hi I just have a question about ELM. Theres a course on there that I am not taking, is there anything I should do about this? If so, who would I contact?

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-11-2009 at 09:38 PM   #39
tashatjong

Liked: 1 Time

I CAN'T EVEN LOG IN!!! it refreshes the login page when i try to log in!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! *spazz.
Old 09-11-2009 at 09:38 PM   #40
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_2 View Post
Hi I just have a question about ELM. Theres a course on there that I am not taking, is there anything I should do about this? If so, who would I contact?

Thanks for the help!
If you are not registered in that course, then you don't really need to worry about it appearing on elm. If you still want to remove that course, try emailing the prof of that course and I think he/she can manually remove you from the elm

Last edited by saukalra : 09-11-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-11-2009 at 09:47 PM   #41
rosie_2

Quote:
Originally Posted by saukalra View Post
If you are not registered in that course, then you don't really need to worry about it appearing on elm. If you still want to remove that course, try emailing the prof of that course and I think he/she can manually remove you from the course list!
Ok thanks for the help! I guess I'll just leave it there if its not that big of a deal.
Old 09-11-2009 at 10:07 PM   #42
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Wow, I'm in stitches here because this ELM crap was supposed to make things "better" for students and instructors and create a better "learning environment" but here we all are bitching to high heavens about it cause it's a right pain in the arse. Maybe I should email this thread link to the people in charge of the piece o'crap.

Old 09-11-2009 at 11:01 PM   #43
maclover

Liked: 55 Times

I am totally disappointed at mac for choosing such a ridiculously trash learning system. Webct was a million times better last year on the thursday of Welcome Week when classes started.
Old 09-11-2009 at 11:13 PM   #44
Omega_X13

Liked: 9 Times

I'll admit ELM is being really annoying and slow right now, but it's because it's new, right? I just think a lot of us (me included) are jumping the gun on saying how bad it is when it's most likely going to get better. Also, I believe there's a lot more students on ELM than WebCT ever had, since a lot of the science courses that were on Learnlink is now using the same thing as everyone else.
Old 09-12-2009 at 08:35 AM   #45
malycknm

ELM is down now! I can't get access to some course materials online. I hope it will be fixed soon.

_____________________ _____________________ _____________________ ___
Nestor
Engineering I