MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
professor weiz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-05-2010 06:48 PM
What's wrong with my OSAP? GregoryVV Financial Aid 1 08-17-2010 01:04 AM
Specific Move-In Dates Emailed manu First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-22-2009 01:43 PM
what do you want to ask your professor ? joset2 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 05-31-2008 08:27 PM
Am I doing something wrong here? kacey24 Academics 4 09-29-2007 10:09 PM

Emailed the professor the wrong way.

Old 11-27-2009 at 07:42 AM   #1
shanntz

Liked: 2 Times

Emailed the professor the wrong way.
A couple of weeks ago, I was sick with that swine flu. I didn't go to class for a week, roughly around the same week my philosophy assignment was due.
I decided to email my professor with my assignment, along with a doctors note, since I was in Toronto at the time.

I haven't gotten any response since, until this morning when my curiosity was bagging on me.
Because I used my hotmail account [I thought that it'd be linked with our Mac accounts, thats what one douche told me] I thought I was good to go. However, I read my dusty syllabus that stated some new policy where profs just delete emails?

That paper was worth 20% of my mark. What the hell am I supposed to do?! I have another paper thats 20% due today, and I'm handing it in ..but I don't want to lose 20% for handing in a paper the wrong way!

This is a perfect FML moment.
Old 11-27-2009 at 08:05 AM   #2
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanntz View Post
A couple of weeks ago, I was sick with that swine flu. I didn't go to class for a week, roughly around the same week my philosophy assignment was due.
I decided to email my professor with my assignment, along with a doctors note, since I was in Toronto at the time.

I haven't gotten any response since, until this morning when my curiosity was bagging on me.
Because I used my hotmail account [I thought that it'd be linked with our Mac accounts, thats what one douche told me] I thought I was good to go. However, I read my dusty syllabus that stated some new policy where profs just delete emails?

That paper was worth 20% of my mark. What the hell am I supposed to do?! I have another paper thats 20% due today, and I'm handing it in ..but I don't want to lose 20% for handing in a paper the wrong way!

This is a perfect FML moment.
I would suggest talking to your professor ASAP. Set up an appointment with him/her, and let him/her know exactly what happened. Take a copy of the email, your assignment and the doctor’s note with you to the appointment. This way you can show your professor that you had all the work done on time. Since you were sick and you have a doctor’s note, the professor will probably end up adding the 20% from the assignment to your final exam. However, since final exams are just 1.5 weeks away, I would recommend talking to your professor today (if possible), or early next week. Hope that helps

shanntz says thanks to rrtt for this post.
Old 11-27-2009 at 08:05 AM   #3
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

er, try re-emailing it with your mac email?
Old 11-27-2009 at 09:44 AM   #4
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

goto your faculty's dean office, get a deferment form or something and get it signed by your prof
done!
Old 11-27-2009 at 09:47 AM   #5
Ivan Q.

Liked: 10 Times

Having a copy of the sent e-mail will help greatly with your situation. But certainly talk to the prof in person.
Old 11-27-2009 at 11:39 AM   #6
michelle

Liked: 61 Times

And don't blame someone else for not knowing how to use your Mac email.
Old 11-27-2009 at 11:53 AM   #7
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Print off the Sent version of the email (if you have it) to prove the day it was sent. Take it to your Department and talk to them. If they can't help you, go right to the prof.

Don't be surprised if this doesn't get worked out though. It sucks, but it's drilled into our heads now that we have to use our Mac email, and it was your responsibility to send it properly. Your prof might be nice and let you slide by, but some profs won't budge.
Old 11-27-2009 at 11:55 AM   #8
shanntz

Liked: 2 Times

Thank goodness this got settled. Thanks alot!
Def. learned my lesson: the syllabus is more than just paper -__________-