MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dating sites Katia Dating & Relationships 70 04-20-2010 01:31 PM
MacInsiders Articles on Dating Chad CLOSED: Dating & Relationships 0 06-18-2008 09:21 AM
Some Dating Ideas… lorend Misc 4 09-30-2007 04:42 PM

End Goal Of Dating?

Old 11-26-2010 at 06:09 PM   #271
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

^ sums it up. it is to extend the fun level just a tad bit and get closer to them. no need for physical fun but if thats ur style
Old 12-01-2010 at 11:36 PM   #272
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
1) People call you right after having sex? Woah
2) More guys can be virgins than girls. You're assuming all sex has to be between a guy and girl
3) This is where the definition of virginity comes in. A grey area, in my opinion, because its different for everyone.
Old 12-02-2010 at 01:12 AM   #273
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

^Am I reading that properly? Whoever said masturbation meant not being a virgin? Virgins can still masturbate...

Moh2in says thanks to Desda for this post.
Old 12-02-2010 at 01:18 AM   #274
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
First of all, I know all my friends really well and I know they're being honest, plus I get the call "during the cigarette" if you get my drift. Other people I don't know well who tell me they are/aren't a virgin, I have no idea, because like I said I don't know them well, and they could be lying. SECOND of all, how can more guys be virgins than girls, or girls more than guys? Do the math! It takes both a girl AND guy to have sex so the number must be equal!
in addition to above, you are not factoring in the population is not exactly 50% guy:girl. blame the y chromosomes

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 12-02-2010 at 09:03 AM   #275
gordo_San

Liked: 1 Time

you are crazy.
Old 12-02-2010 at 09:25 AM   #276
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

no, just stupid.
Old 12-02-2010 at 09:56 AM   #277
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
^Am I reading that properly? Whoever said masturbation meant not being a virgin? Virgins can still masturbate...
you're not very good at picking up jokes, aren't you?
Old 12-02-2010 at 12:02 PM   #278
gordo_San

Liked: 1 Time

you dont know what you like until you have experienced it. You cant go all falling in love like that person is going to be ur future wife/husband.

Not to shut you down or anything, but ur only setting urself up to be shut down.

Dating is the fun part. Do you really feel like settling down in a home, a job, moving in, day in day out with ur partner?

HOW OLD ARE YOU?
Old 12-02-2010 at 01:05 PM   #279
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
First of all, I know all my friends really well and I know they're being honest, plus I get the call "during the cigarette" if you get my drift. Other people I don't know well who tell me they are/aren't a virgin, I have no idea, because like I said I don't know them well, and they could be lying. SECOND of all, how can more guys be virgins than girls, or girls more than guys? Do the math! It takes both a girl AND guy to have sex so the number must be equal!
....girl on girls....guy on guy.....= not virgin ......doesn't necessary take a guy and a girl there is a rising population of lesbians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
wow...thanks for solving that HUGE mystery, we never knew that!
Old 12-08-2010 at 06:07 PM   #280
Moh2in

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmowen View Post
Hm....

First of all, marriage, in the Western sense, is a social construct dating back to the Middle Ages, where it was used primarily as a method of marrying off the daughters of rich, fat noblemen to other rich, fat noblemen or their pampered sons. So really, when we talk about the "institution of marriage", we're talking about an archaic system of formulating inter-familial alliances which has subjugated women for centuries, and that has now somehow been hideously sewed onto the emotional concept of love. But romance has nothing to do with it!

A relationship, in my opinion, is a different thing entirely. That is what really matters and what is actually real. I think we can abandon this exploitative mechanism that is marriage and move on to better things.

Oy vey!

(disclaimer: my opinions may or may not be interpreted as a ranting excursus, but that's just my two cents)
Sheldon? Is that you? It's Wolowitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz View Post
lol lizzie yu dun understand how hard it is to find an acutal "nice" girl 8-) not trying to imply that my friends arent nice or anything but like its hard to find a girl with the proper quailties to date for example almost all girls i know like to literally start drama in their relationship cause they think like should be like a tv soap opera 8-) i dunno if i can judge myself but i think im a pretty nice guy when i date a girl i make sure to make it a worthwhile relationship without any meaning less worry for the girl and stick to the basic no cheating rule ^^. well you might just be the rare good girl lizzie

o SHIEEEET, MANZ BE CHOPPIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz View Post
lol how about you introduce me to some bj i have dibs on lizzie so try showing me some like her

How about I introduce you to some WHAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz
i want to be a wingman o.o

Kendon:
You need to have friends for that

AYYO FIRST OF ALL KENDON, GET OF MY BOY YEEZY B aka bloodywarz, u beter not talk shit abt this guy hes my boy, betta watch ur back NeGHUI

Last edited by Tailsnake : 12-09-2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Quadrouple post

Andrew A, bcars, RyanC like this.
Old 12-08-2010 at 07:10 PM   #281
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

STOP DOUB.... STOP TRIP...... STOP QUADRUPLE POSTING!!

In summary, the two biggest arguments for there being more guy virgins than girl virgins:

1. Guys are typically (or at least stereotypically) less against having multiple partners or random hookups. There is evidence that guy non-virgins have a higher "kill count" than girl non-virgins, so there's less hoe for the rest of us dudes. (I don't remember where I read that)

2. Guys are more likely to say they are not a virgin and lie, because other guys make fun of them and pressure them to lose their v-card; and girls are more likely to say they ARE a virgin and lie because they are afraid of being perceived as sluts. (Sometimes, they are.)
Old 12-09-2010 at 03:32 AM   #282
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcars View Post
STOP DOUB.... STOP TRIP...... STOP QUADRUPLE POSTING!!

In summary, the two biggest arguments for there being more guy virgins than girl virgins:

1. Guys are typically (or at least stereotypically) less against having multiple partners or random hookups. There is evidence that guy non-virgins have a higher "kill count" than girl non-virgins, so there's less hoe for the rest of us dudes. (I don't remember where I read that)

2. Guys are more likely to say they are not a virgin and lie, because other guys make fun of them and pressure them to lose their v-card; and girls are more likely to say they ARE a virgin and lie because they are afraid of being perceived as sluts. (Sometimes, they are.)
Couldn't it be said that the perceptions we have of our peers motivate their deception? If everyone thinks you've had a lot of sex, you're not going to say otherwise as a guy. Like you said, it's a societal expectation for men to have more sex than women. The same could be said for women, their discreteness might be the reason why it seems as though they don't have nearly as much sex as men, when this in fact is just them going along with the perceived norm.

In general, it's safe to assume that both men and women lie about how much sex they've had or are having to fulfill their societal expectations. Which is kind of sad.
Old 12-09-2010 at 03:27 PM   #283
greenlvn

Liked: 0 Times

i think dating is an outlet. enjoying good company and doing things you both like. it can also serve as a way of getting closer to finding the person you might want to spend the rest of your life with (if that's what you're looking for) or just help you figure out what works and what doesn't work for you. then again, the whole marriage bit is a tad crazy if you ask me. if you both really care about each other and can see yourself being with one another "forever", why is it necessary to put a title on it and put a ring on her finger? without the legal document, at least you're free to walk when you figure you can't do it anymore. divorce lawyers are really expensive