MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Religious 2h03 wonderstruck 2nd Year Course Reviews 4 12-11-2013 02:49 PM
Life Sci 2H03 Swampis Academics 9 01-06-2013 01:25 PM
Hth Sci 2h03 shleyaa 2nd Year Course Reviews 5 07-23-2012 06:44 PM
Healthst 2H03/ Women St 2H03 / Hth sci 2I03 Vuci Academics 3 05-25-2011 11:36 AM

Eng 2H03

Eng 2H03
Published by jmzhang18
04-25-2014
Published by

Author review
Overall Rating
50%50%50%
Professor Rating
60%60%60%
Interest
40%40%40%
Easiness
50%50%50%
Average 50%
Eng 2H03

I took this course with Mr.Turak in winter term 2013/2014.

This course is about Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics (although I had no idea why we need to learn stat ).
She was quite professional and engaged, although there was merely no one come to class (830 am class, u know). She only posted a partial blank slides, it means you have to come to class to take notes (but I don't think the notes were very useful). Therefore, it was quite hard for most of us to catch this course. I RECOMMEND, go get the TEXTBOOK, you will need it !!!

This course begin with teaching statistics, such as Binomial, Poisson and Gaussian Distribution, it was a little bit difficult. After that, you will be taught about all the principal laws about thermodynamics, like first law, second law,etc. The first mid-term will be covered up to here, there will be a lot of theoretical explanation, such as asking you the definition of "entropy", degree of freedom of a substance in different phases. And you only have 50 mins for around 10 questions, so it is not easy, be prepared.

In the second half, you will learn about a lot of derivation stuff, such dH, dW, etc. And this is the second mid-term. There will be many derivations, and you only have 50 mins, so the class average was failed, but she bell curve it. Lastly, the most interesting shit will be taught at the end, Engine !!! but she only cover for 1 or 2 lectures.

For the final exam, be prepared, it will be more difficult than previews two tests. 20 questions for 3 hours, trust me, you will need at least 2.5 hour to finish it. It cover everything we learn throughout this term, a lot of memorizing, a lot of materials.

Finally, thanks god, Dr.Turak was not a hard-marker, as long as you answered the points, you will get full marks.

Marking scheme:
4 x assignments (10%) it takes time but not hard, so begin doing it few days before the due day.
2 x tests (40%)
1 x exam (50%)

Good luck for those who gonna take this course
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Eng 2H03!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search