MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what will it say on my degree cheesecak3 Academics 1 06-19-2013 08:07 PM
Second Degree? banana.milk Academics 19 02-13-2013 04:34 PM
Second degree sehyun0620 Academics 8 09-21-2011 06:39 PM
What will it say on my degree? Jacob87 Academics 20 12-20-2010 01:38 PM
Which is better? A difficult degree with a slightly lower mark or an easier degree... Porsche Academics 14 06-04-2010 10:57 PM

Eng degree in 3 years?

Old 08-08-2013 at 08:41 AM   #46
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunade View Post
"The whole "I need to stay with my year" " i myself find that a bit stupid but i just cant get over it really haha . But i do hope it passes with time.
"4 years seems not to be the norm, but rather the exception." lol , ahh but there's no way i'll allow myself to take a day more than 4 years
Then you're still missing the point that everyone is trying to convey to you.

4 years for most people is doable, but sometimes it's smarter to spread it out over five, or take a year for coop to gain experience.

Co-op, for example, makes a huge difference. Why would you not add an extra year to your degree when it can make the difference between having a good-paying job vs not when you graduate? It makes your degree worthwhile.

And if you're failing courses or having a hard time and getting low marks, taking an extra year can make a huge difference in your GPA, and then you'll end up graduating with knowledge and a GPA that you can be proud of, rather than wasting those four years.

The tortoise and the hare
Old 08-08-2013 at 09:04 AM   #47
Tsunade

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
Then you're still missing the point that everyone is trying to convey to you.

4 years for most people is doable, but sometimes it's smarter to spread it out over five, or take a year for coop to gain experience.

Co-op, for example, makes a huge difference. Why would you not add an extra year to your degree when it can make the difference between having a good-paying job vs not when you graduate? It makes your degree worthwhile.

And if you're failing courses or having a hard time and getting low marks, taking an extra year can make a huge difference in your GPA, and then you'll end up graduating with knowledge and a GPA that you can be proud of, rather than wasting those four years.

The tortoise and the hare
lol ahh i just got my 3 year dream crushed ... i'm NOT letting you to take this away from me
Old 08-08-2013 at 07:03 PM   #48
Rstevenson

Liked: 25 Times

Didn't read the whole thread but as I just graduated, I'll give you my experiences.
Out of my close friends (outside of my eng friends), I am the only one that got a job straight out of university. Everyone else is going back to school so they can get a job. If these friends of yours are not in engineering, they are "probably" going to be going back to do other things after this degree. I say probably because it depends on the program etc etc. You may come out of school at the exact same time And you were able to travel. so bravo!

edit: 4 years is also very doable. Co-op isnt "needed" but I'm sure it could've helped me in the job search department
Old 08-09-2013 at 04:19 AM   #49
Tsunade

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rstevenson View Post
Didn't read the whole thread but as I just graduated, I'll give you my experiences.
Out of my close friends (outside of my eng friends), I am the only one that got a job straight out of university. Everyone else is going back to school so they can get a job. If these friends of yours are not in engineering, they are "probably" going to be going back to do other things after this degree. I say probably because it depends on the program etc etc. You may come out of school at the exact same time And you were able to travel. so bravo!

edit: 4 years is also very doable. Co-op isnt "needed" but I'm sure it could've helped me in the job search department
Hey congrats for your job !
I sure do hope too to get a job right after school and you're right ... not everyone among my friends would be able to get jobs right after they graduate but even if they do , i want to make sure i'll with that . I will work on my mentality more and try to be more realistic.
Thanks for sharing your experiences !