MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engineering Questions mfattal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-15-2010 08:39 PM
Laptop Questions (Engineering) MiniDragon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 89 06-06-2010 10:14 PM
A Few Residence Questions...... shes-a-diva* Residence & Housing 21 01-19-2010 07:13 AM
Bates Residence Questions Daman K Bates Forum 4 09-03-2009 03:45 PM
Residence System Questions. Juicebox General Discussion 10 05-14-2009 06:38 PM

Engineering I (Co-op) And residence questions! :)

Old 05-14-2011 at 01:20 PM   #16
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
...the compeition for second year is like a 7-8 (thats like a high 70 low 80 ish).
Wut?

7 = 70-72
8 = 73-77
Old 05-14-2011 at 01:24 PM   #17
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

ok ur prob right. i didnt look at the mark conversion chart, just roughballing off the top of my head =p
Old 05-14-2011 at 01:28 PM   #18
TabbishAziz

Liked: 0 Times

I see, also, do first years usually have evening classes? I think it'd be kinda cool if they had some in the evening
Old 05-14-2011 at 01:30 PM   #19
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

most classes end latest at 6. this year we had one evening class for professional eng 3 hour lecture twice a week 6-9. thus , only class u might get it is that one
Old 05-14-2011 at 01:37 PM   #20
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Typically no, but most electives offer an evening class. Day classes end at 6:20pm
Old 05-14-2011 at 04:49 PM   #21
Talon89

Liked: 14 Times

Personally, I try to avoid night classes if I can. It's just that in engineering you'll have a full day of classes and then after that you're exhausted. I wouldn't want to sit for a 2.5-3hr lecture. It just makes your day longer. Last year, first term, my Monday went from 9:30am-10pm (with a break from 12:30-1:20 and 5:30-7pm).
Old 05-14-2011 at 05:36 PM   #22
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

^ u sir are the first person worse than me. i had class from 9am-9pm (with a math tutorial i didnt go to and another 1 period break inbetween somewhere). however i did switch that 6-9 clas... god it sucekd
Old 05-14-2011 at 07:09 PM   #23
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

evening class is cool? are you kidding me. when you have classes all day, not classes are not appealing. i kinda hated my schedule this semester. so we had midterm mainly on Tuesday and Thursday . my wednesday were from 8:30 to 2:30 with no break. it was tutorial and lab so couldn't skip. two hour break then from 4:30 to 10. i commuted from the mountain so my days went from 6:30 to 12. i would be to so exhausted from studying for the Tuesday and Thursday exams and cooking full meals. I dont wanna sound like Im fussing but engineering is no walk in the park.

TabbishAziz says thanks to MacPack for this post.
Old 05-15-2011 at 08:58 PM   #24
TabbishAziz

Ahhh i see, well ill make sure to stay away from evening classes then, I thought itd be cool but didnt know it would be that hectic, which it sure seems like now Can anyone explain all this welcome weelk stuff? like the MacPack or w/e it is XD and also, do engineering students have some separate events?
Old 05-15-2011 at 09:37 PM   #25
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

haha you should be on the facebook 2015-2016 group. they were talking about that at this moment
Old 05-15-2011 at 10:41 PM   #26
Talon89

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbishAziz View Post
Ahhh i see, well ill make sure to stay away from evening classes then, I thought itd be cool but didnt know it would be that hectic, which it sure seems like now Can anyone explain all this welcome weelk stuff? like the MacPack or w/e it is XD and also, do engineering students have some separate events?
So welcome week is pretty much a campus-wide event that orients and welcomes all first year students. Each faculty has their own, "faculty day" in which you spend all day with other students in your faculty and you'll take a field trip as a part of faculty night. You'll also get to meet us (Welcome week reps aka redsuits) and we'll do a full day of events. I'd tell you more, but I don't want to spoil it for you. I guarantee it'll be a good time.

The MacPass pretty much guarantees entrance to every event that happens during welcome week (concerts, socials) and on top of that you'll receive faculty swag (t-shirt, infamous cowbell, engineering cup, etc.) You'll also have events for your own Rez and stuff. It'll probably be one of the best weeks of your life. - But welcome week really depends on you though. All the events are there, it's up to you to explore and participate. Go out, meet people (especially for faculty day) because those will be the same people you'll be with for the next 4-5 years. Don't sit in your room all day and miss everything.

Engineers have a big event at the end in which we pull a full accordian-style bus through downtown Hamilton to raise money for Shinerama.
Old 05-15-2011 at 10:47 PM   #27
MiniDragon

Liked: 60 Times

Speaking of Mac Pass, get one. Don't be cheap. You'll end up missing a lot. You'd still have opportunities to do stuff, but not everything. And you wouldn't get a res/faculty t-shirt. They're cooler than you'd think, especially considering nearly everyone has one.

RyanC likes this.
Old 05-16-2011 at 01:44 AM   #28
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

idk i for one didn't really like frosh week, wasn't as big as it turned out to be. i did meet a buncha people during frosh week but i never talked back to the people i was grouped with during that week. all that res stuff was not my style like airbands and whatnot. If u know ur gona hide in a hole then dont get it else get it. In general, it just made me recognize alota faces (which u end up doing anyways from ur classes) and a laundry bag, but most people probably had the correct experience. If anything, go to the engineering night, def the best part with a crazy party, good band and insanely good food
Old 05-16-2011 at 06:50 PM   #29
TabbishAziz

haha im gonna do it for sure, thanks guys!