MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is coop and and an exchange possible? exchange to france if i'm not fluent in french? smallthings First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-25-2012 02:14 PM
Engineering & Society Exchange Program in France Ish001 Academics 3 08-08-2011 05:03 PM
Exchange program musicislife Academics 3 07-28-2011 01:57 AM
Anyone gone on exchange before? SC04 Academics 6 12-04-2010 06:58 AM
Mac Exchange? tigerize8 General Discussion 11 07-10-2009 01:10 AM

Engineering exchange

Old 10-07-2013 at 12:35 PM   #1
kevcom

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Engineering exchange
I'm interested in pursuing a term of my engineering undergrad studies in another province or country. Has anyone looked into the possibility of doing this? I understand that Engineering has stricter requirements, and due to the accreditation, it is often difficult to get permission for this. I'd also be open to studying in other languages.

Thanks.
Old 10-07-2013 at 01:52 PM   #2
BenDover
Account Locked

Liked: 63 Times

So basically, you are saying that you want to study abroad, but are too lazy to look up the pertaining information for yourself, and are hoping someone else will do it for you?
Let me take some time of out of my day to do your work for ya my friend!...
Old 10-15-2013 at 03:14 PM   #3
lsparrow1

Liked: 10 Times

Hi there! I work at International Student Services as a student staff member, so I can give you some info:

It is very possible for Engineers to go on Exchange!

Most students apply in their second year to go abroad in their third year. If your profile is correct I see that you are in second year, so that's perfect!

The first thing I would suggest would be to come out to an information session! Dates and times can be found here (https://iss.mcmaster.ca/outgoing-mcm...sessions.html). These sessions will give you general information on exchange, and how to start the application process.

In the mean time, browse the ISS website and search for a University that offered Engineering programs, and courses that are specific to your stream of Engineering. You can search for exchange agreements here by clicking on "search exchange agreements" in the side bar. (You are required to enter your MAC ID before searching)

https://iss.mcmaster.ca/outgoing-mcmaster-students.html

Once you have an idea of where you want to go and a vague idea of courses, make an appointment with an Engineering academic adviser to discuss your options!

Also, ISS will be hosting an exchange fair on November 12th 2013 in MUSC Marketplace.

If you have anymore questions, please don't hesitate to stop by our office in MUSC 226!

Hope this helps!