MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GPA avg, level II courses xo.monica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 12-06-2009 03:27 PM
Anyone going to Engineering Level 2 ????? endearing66 Academics 15 07-06-2009 05:59 AM
Getting into level 2 engineering Programme anthonyvella First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 29 03-12-2009 08:42 PM

Engineering Level I courses

Old 06-27-2010 at 04:35 PM   #1
LukeEngineer

Liked: 5 Times

Engineering Level I courses
Hey I'm choosing courses tom. for SOLAR, and i found the courses I need to do as well as the Electives I want (Econ Macro and Micro). I'm going for Engineering I Co-op next year and I'm alittle unclear about the process of choosing courses. Do I need to make a mock timetable ? I heard they make the schedule for you for first year, is that true and is it recommended ? I'm confused at to what I'm going to be picking tom. just the course and what term it is or also the time at which I want the course ? I have a few hours to spare until SOLAR opens up for me so I am wondering whether I should be doing a mock timetable or something. Also I looked at the times for a few courses but I'm confused ... is C for Core, L for Lab and T for Tutorial ? do I need to take all three if it shows it on the list. Also any recommended first year teachers for engineering or that I should try to get ? EDIT: also do we pay for our courses tom. or a registration fee or something and how much is it (more or less ) ?

Last edited by LukeEngineer : 06-27-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-27-2010 at 04:49 PM   #2
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

No, you don't need to make a time table. All you can do right now is choose the courses you want, and a timetable (which you can change up a bit if you want later) will be generated near the beginning of August.
Old 06-27-2010 at 04:49 PM   #3
Rstevenson

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeEngineer View Post
is C for Core, L for Lab and T for Tutorial ?
Yes

You will pick the term and day or evening. I'm pretty sure you cant choose time etc. But you can change the times after you get your schedule. Making a mock timetable is good to know how you will WANT your timetable so you can switch later.
Old 06-27-2010 at 04:53 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeEngineer View Post
Hey I'm choosing courses tom. for SOLAR, and i found the courses I need to do as well as the Electives I want (Econ Macro and Micro). I'm going for Engineering I Co-op next year and I'm alittle unclear about the process of choosing courses. Do I need to make a mock timetable ? I heard they make the schedule for you for first year, is that true and is it recommended ? I'm confused at to what I'm going to be picking tom. just the course and what term it is or also the time at which I want the course ? I have a few hours to spare until SOLAR opens up for me so I am wondering whether I should be doing a mock timetable or something. Also I looked at the times for a few courses but I'm confused ... is C for Core, L for Lab and T for Tutorial ? do I need to take all three if it shows it on the list. Also any recommended first year teachers for engineering or that I should try to get ? EDIT: also do we pay for our courses tom. or a registration fee or something and how much is it (more or less ) ?
Mock schedules are highly recommended. They allow you do make a conflict free schedule and in the case where you need to choose your sections, you will know what to choose. Also, when SOLAR reopens you can switch sections to the ones you want if space permits.

You won't be able to choose sections for most, if not all, the courses you register for. They will automatically section you in August. However, like I said, you can switch if space permits.

You will definitively be picking all your courses as well as the term for each course. You MAY need to choose sections, but it's highly unlikely for first years.

Yes, C is Core which is your lecture, L is Lab and T is Tutorial. You need one of each, but like I said, you probably won't be picking your sections today.

After you pick your courses you will be directed to your Payment Agreement, I highly suggest you read everything just like you would any contract (because it is a contract).
Old 06-27-2010 at 04:54 PM   #5
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

make a mock, it will help to get a schedule you will like