MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is everything done online in level 2 + courses luxhydrus First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-13-2010 08:07 PM
Engineering Level I courses LukeEngineer First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-27-2010 04:54 PM
Prerequisites for Level II courses DMe3 Academics 1 06-13-2010 06:46 AM
level 3 psych courses kammy435 Academics 1 06-07-2010 10:25 PM
About Level 1 French Courses wonie9024 Academics 2 07-05-2008 10:30 AM

GPA avg, level II courses

Old 12-06-2009 at 01:42 AM   #1
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

GPA avg, level II courses
Helloo everyone,
I've been thinking about school and final GPA average, Level II courses, etc,
and I was just wondering what the GPA admission grade is for Social Sciences?

And also what happens if you don't reach this requirement? You get kicked out, correct?

And how do you know what the admission grade is for the specific program you want to get into?
I remember seeing somewhere that for psych you need at least a B+
and in the required maths, you need at least a C+.

Is this correct?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Good luck on exams.
Old 12-06-2009 at 02:43 PM   #2
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Unfortunately I'm unfamiliar with Social Science, but I'm fairly certain it depends on the specific program you're trying to get into? (ie. Economics, Anthropology, etc) You can likely find this information on the Social Sciences webpage, here: http://www.socsci.mcmaster.c a/Graduate/graduate.html

But I do know that if you don't reach this requirement you're not kicked out. You're put into a 'general program' which allows you to take the same courses and 'shadow' the program you're hoping to get into. ie. if you fail to get into Anthropology, you can take 2nd year Anthro courses in your 2nd year.

Then if you 'show improvement' in your 2nd year you'll be admitted in your third year. (meaning, raise your average to the required average, etc).

Good luck!

xo.monica says thanks to Mowicz for this post.

luna likes this.
Old 12-06-2009 at 02:45 PM   #3
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

I believe you need a C+, which is a McMaster 6 to enroll into any honour's second year program. There's a few that are more competitive, but a C+ in first year will get you through.

xo.monica says thanks to macsci for this post.
Old 12-06-2009 at 02:45 PM   #4
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Ohh, I see.
I was just curious, thanks!!
Old 12-06-2009 at 03:27 PM   #5
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
Ohh, I see.
I was just curious, thanks!!
you can also go see an academic advisor (or call them) to ask what the previous years entrance average was for a particular program to give you an idea what to get.

xo.monica says thanks to sinthusized for this post.