MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any upper year biochemistry students who can tell me what the program is like? lovekblue Academics 14 06-06-2013 04:24 AM
AUTO CAD for upper year engineering ?? Kevinabrahak Academics 8 06-22-2012 06:55 AM
Easy Summer Orientation Program: Upper-Year Volunteers Needed!! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 4 05-08-2009 12:26 PM

What engineering program fits me? Anybody who is in upper year eng, can you help?

Old 09-16-2014 at 02:11 PM   #31
ralts40
Account Locked

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Dream View Post
Research potential and stuff... MI community can you please stop feeding the troll? Its obvious he is on here to get people going, as will be apparent in his rebuttal to this post which im sure will happen. You have all given him excellent advice but he chooses to dance around in circles with his thumb securely lodged up his ass. Move on, and hope that this student moves on from McMaster to bigger and brighter opportunities under his troll bridge
Hey man, stop... Seriously? You think of me as a troll? SO, what? Anybody who asks multiple questions and wants clearification is a troll now? Wtf? And hey, I appreciate all the input.. And hey, all I was saying is I donot like elec/soft/comp eng cuz "I" donot feel like I am studying nature, I know that it is science and engineering that all the engineers do. I mean "I" donot feel like it, I donot mean to bash up the profession or anything, and either way, I have no interest in them. All I was asking was, if I wanna go into chem eng, will the materials covered be like atoms, and stuff, and it seems like materials covers it in a more detailed way than chem eng does. So, thanks for the input.

And, yes, I had done some research on elec eng field, but just I cannot get away with the feeling that it is just plainly not nature, and that is just me.. And, when I think of elec eng, I think of circuits and computers, which are firstly very complex systems, and secondly I have no interest in them. I do get that quantum computing and stuff is all about electrons and atoms, but not something that I am interested on.

Well, cool.... I am now thinking of getting a good gpa and transferring at the end of the year to a university that focuses more on nano research and stuff(NOT WATERLOO CUZ THOSE MOAPHUCKERS ALTERNATED ME TO ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING WHEN I APPLIED TO NANO, AND HEY, WHY WOULD I BE JUMPING FROM ONE TRAIN TO ANOTHER FOR NO APPARENT GAINS, I RATHER SHOOT FOR MIT FROM MAC THAN LAME UNIS LIKE WATERLOO).. Maybe somewhere outside Canada, have to do some more research though.. Thanks for the input everyone. Or, might as well do a degree in Chem Eng and pursue nanotechnology in MEng/MAsc..

And, I am sorry for the responses to RSK cuz I felt attacked by his first response, and I just wanted to bash whatever he said after that..

Last edited by ralts40 : 09-16-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-16-2014 at 04:04 PM   #32
mattinui

Liked: 1 Time

Waterloo has a materials and nanoscience program (not engineering) that sounds up your alley (I applied to it as well). The fact is that all engineering uses natural phenomena and transfers that knowledge to application. Electrical engineering is harnessing the natural electromagnetic forces that make up the universe to make machines for humans. Mechanical engineering is applying the natural physical laws (ie Newtons laws of motion) to make machines for humans. If you want to study atoms and the natural world for research this might be a better path.
Old 09-16-2014 at 04:45 PM   #33
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

eng phys
Old 09-16-2014 at 05:39 PM   #34
ralts40
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattinui View Post
Waterloo has a materials and nanoscience program (not engineering) that sounds up your alley (I applied to it as well). The fact is that all engineering uses natural phenomena and transfers that knowledge to application. Electrical engineering is harnessing the natural electromagnetic forces that make up the universe to make machines for humans. Mechanical engineering is applying the natural physical laws (ie Newtons laws of motion) to make machines for humans. If you want to study atoms and the natural world for research this might be a better path.
They have a program called nanotechnology engineering, that is the program I applied for, so I know that program exists
Old 09-16-2014 at 05:45 PM   #35
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Just because they have a nanotechnology engineering program, that doesn't mean they can't also have a non-engineering program called materials and nanoscience...it's a joint program from the departments of chemistry and physics. I believe mattinui was simply suggesting materials and nanoscience as a program that seems to fit what you say you're looking for.
Old 09-16-2014 at 06:17 PM   #36
ralts40
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
Just because they have a nanotechnology engineering program, that doesn't mean they can't also have a non-engineering program called materials and nanoscience...it's a joint program from the departments of chemistry and physics. I believe mattinui was simply suggesting materials and nanoscience as a program that seems to fit what you say you're looking for.
Nope, he explicitly said that there is no engineering program at waterloo(Waterloo has a materials and nanoscience program (not engineering)), maybe you should get your eyes checked up.
Old 09-16-2014 at 07:34 PM   #37
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralts40 View Post
Nope, he explicitly said that there is no engineering program at waterloo(Waterloo has a materials and nanoscience program (not engineering)), maybe you should get your eyes checked up.
The "(not engineering)" was referring to the fact that materials and nanoscience is not an engineering program. Maybe you should get your English skills checked up. (Okay that was lame...but seriously, there's no need to be rude when we're just trying to help)
Old 09-16-2014 at 07:37 PM   #38
ralts40
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
The "(not engineering)" was referring to the fact that materials and nanoscience is not an engineering program. Maybe you should get your English skills checked up. (Okay that was lame...but seriously, there's no need to be rude when we're just trying to help)
Well, I am running a double username, and I wrote that, so I know what I wrote, got it
Old 09-16-2014 at 09:27 PM   #39
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

This thread is frustrating

Kudos, starfish like this.
Old 09-16-2014 at 09:36 PM   #40
ralts40
Account Locked

Lol, did you read everything?
Old 09-17-2014 at 08:21 AM   #41
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralts40 View Post
Lol, did you read everything?
Yes. Did you?
Old 09-17-2014 at 08:37 AM   #42
ralts40
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
Yes. Did you?
Of course, I started the post.. Lol..
Old 09-17-2014 at 12:02 PM   #43
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

Lets make a drinking game out of how many spelling and grammatical errors we can find in all of the OP's posts in this thread. Hey OP, donot is not a word. DO NOT, there is a space in there alright? Relating back to your previous response to me, yes you are trolling OP. To make the trolling even worse, you come across as highly unintelligent with your choice of words (including those that you have made up through your countless spelling mistakes).
Old 09-17-2014 at 02:38 PM   #44
ralts40
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Dream View Post
Lets make a drinking game out of how many spelling and grammatical errors we can find in all of the OP's posts in this thread. Hey OP, donot is not a word. DO NOT, there is a space in there alright? Relating back to your previous response to me, yes you are trolling OP. To make the trolling even worse, you come across as highly unintelligent with your choice of words (including those that you have made up through your countless spelling mistakes).
Hey 2D Braw, stop licking you dog's behind man, I can clearly see that you are licking loads of dog crap, which is evident in your responses
Old 09-17-2014 at 08:16 PM   #45
ralts40
Account Locked

2dddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddd