MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
student/Mac ID Elivs.L First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-31-2010 09:45 AM
student id MacStudent1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-25-2010 10:20 AM
McMaster Student Card = GO Transit Student ID (2009) goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 10 09-01-2009 01:55 PM

Enough Student Apathy

Old 07-03-2009 at 10:59 AM   #31
Bobble

Liked: 33 Times

I notice that a lot of the discussion has focused on how to deal with the administration. Why not consider talking with MUFA and CUPE (I'd lean toward MUFA since I think they have a slightly less antagonistic relationship with the administration) and seeing if the MSU can work with these organizations toward advocating common goals.

I'm pretty sure the professors aren't thrilled about larger class sizes and faculty cuts either. They also probably have a great deal of insight into the workings of the university that the MSU might not have.
Old 07-03-2009 at 12:45 PM   #32
casey.park
SRA Member

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by callender View Post
Are the year plans of the BoD made public? Year plans are all well and good but they need to be held accountable to them.

Their year plan should be published on their page along with their blog/profile/etc so they can constantly be making updates in reference to how they are completing their goals for the year.
Coincidentally, I set the due date of the YearPlans for the Board of Directors for today. This will give the Assembly the necessary amount of time it needs to ask relevant questions before the SRA meeting where these get accepted and ratified.

The SRA will ratify the YearPlans at our meeting next week. They'll be up on the website as soon as possible and I'll provide a link when they're up.

finklej, lorend all say thanks to casey.park for this post.