MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
E.M.P.O.W.E.R. presents: Son of A Lion Movie Screening (FREE PIZZA & MOVIE NIGHT) hamnahx02 MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-28-2011 10:55 PM
Please help me name this 2000's movie! Kathy2 Movies & Television 32 12-05-2010 10:21 PM
movie theatres in hamilton... movie club? macculkin General Discussion 7 06-27-2009 09:23 PM
Movie Trailers (OMG!!) lorend General Discussion 20 04-02-2009 08:58 AM
Setting up McMaster e-mail with entourage/outlook MightyMan General Discussion 2 09-05-2008 07:34 AM

Entourage the movie?

Old 08-23-2011 at 06:25 PM   #1
LoaftKing

Liked: 1 Time

Entourage the movie?
after the final season ends the show is set to do a movie, any thoughts?
Old 08-23-2011 at 06:41 PM   #2
UlteriorMtve

Liked: 199 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoaftKing View Post
after the final season ends the show is set to do a movie, any thoughts?
I have yet to see any real storyline form in Season 8 and there's only 3 episodes left >_>

I'm looking forward to the movie but I'm a bit worried that:

1) They might leave a bunch of loose ends in the series finale and then rely on the movie to deal with them.
and then..
2) It won't get made because an actor will drop out or it'll just get delayed and delayed until it's too late.

Last edited by UlteriorMtve : 08-23-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-23-2011 at 07:33 PM   #3
yaroslav64

Liked: 26 Times

I'm not liking this new season to be honest and this is coming from a huge entourage fan. I'd rather they just made a solid 12 episode season and wrapped up the series properly. I also feel like they're really handcuffing themselves with this movie because they need to make it an independent story that someone who's never seen entourage can enjoy and I dont see how they could do that while ending the tv season in a satisfying way.
Old 08-23-2011 at 07:44 PM   #4
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

I think the latest season has been awful.

I'm so upset that they've wasted 5 episodes on NOTHING. It's not funny, it's not dramatic, it's not clever or exciting. It's literally filler time.

I mean what were they thinking? There's only like 8 episodes this season! Spend 1 episode getting things back on track, and do a 6 episode decent arc that's either funny, moving, important or exciting, then wrap up the show. Don't spend 5 episodes on complete bull****.
Old 08-23-2011 at 07:54 PM   #5
siddiquo

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Yeah, I don't see how they're going to end the show in 3 episodes. Aside from Ari's storyline, nothing is actually happening...

They had a pretty interesting ending to season 7 that could actually have gone somewhere, but then they opted for a cop-out. Turtle's restaurant is irrelevant, Vince isn't actually doing any work at all, Drama's...panicking as usual, and E is moaning about Sloan.

I don't know.

As for a movie...well, if the season keeps going like this, I don't know if I want to see it. (HBO needs to get to work on a Rome movie)
Old 08-23-2011 at 08:19 PM   #6
DutchRudder

Liked: 15 Times

The last two seasons have SUCKED. I mean it took the last 3 episodes of last season to establish Vince as an addict, and the first five episodes of this season to show Vince overcoming his addiction and piecing his career back together, and Ari's marriage dissolving. I don't give two s**ts about E, or Turtle. They are support characters, I am simply not interested in the screen time they are now getting. I want to see more of Drama and more of Vince, but enough with all the addiction bullsh**, I want to see Vince back on top and Drama to finally find success. Ughhh, what a disappointment of a season!

siddiquo, UlteriorMtve like this.
Old 08-23-2011 at 08:45 PM   #7
UlteriorMtve

IMO the whole addiction thing was too serious compared to the everything-always-works-out kind of show it was in the earlier seasons. It didn't seem authentic to me and I hated season 7 because of it.
Old 08-23-2011 at 08:57 PM   #8
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Really? I LOVED it. I hated the season but I loved the idea of it.

It was the first time something actually "bad" (if you consider addiction bad) happened and I felt like it was time. Especially because the first 6 seasons were so light, so there was a good build up until something like this happened.
Old 08-23-2011 at 09:17 PM   #9
UlteriorMtve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Really? I LOVED it. I hated the season but I loved the idea of it.

It was the first time something actually "bad" (if you consider addiction bad) happened and I felt like it was time. Especially because the first 6 seasons were so light, so there was a good build up until something like this happened.
I can see why it would be appealing, the show was well overdue for some drama besides Drama.

I just didn't like it just because I had gotten so used to the old Entourage that I spent the whole seventh season wondering when it would go back to normal.

Johnny162 likes this.
Old 08-23-2011 at 09:56 PM   #10
siddiquo

I too thought season 7's addiction issue was great. My problem was with how they handled it (until the last few episodes, that is). To end it on a slow burn, showing a complete deterioration of Vince's life would have been really interesting and dramatic, but you're right. It probably would have gone against everything that made the show what it was in the first place.

For example, the other week's episode with the drug test brought back some of the potential for serious drama. ...And then shot it down with him being completely off the hook.

Then again, Hollywood is Hollywood.
Old 08-23-2011 at 10:05 PM   #11
Alchemist11
Elite Member

I hated the season because it was boring and annoying, and season 8 is no better. I wish they had executed it better.

After rewatching the series a couple times, even season 6 isn't very good.

Season 2-4 though, holy crap, so good. Back when Drama wanted calf implants, Turtle was looking for any G he could get (rather than being with dumb Alex or whomever she is), E wasn't tied down, and Vince was a pro. So enjoyable to watch.

J. Dorey, siddiquo like this.
Old 08-23-2011 at 11:14 PM   #12
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

Last season was absolutely terrible. The Vinny-Sasha, E-Sloan, Turtle-Tequilla Company sagas were poorly executed and really didn't do anything for the general progression of the show. As for this season, it is really going nowhere, and it's going fast. Making Ari cry? Come on. That storyline is beyond stupid now. As for everyone else, they just seem to be there. Drama's show isn't really important, E and Scott's company provides nothing to the story, the E-Sloan storyline has gone absolutely nowhere, and Vinny is just typical Vinny, not really doing anything. Unless this season picks up, I have a feeling the movie is going to mirror last season and (at least) the first 5 episodes of this season.
Old 08-24-2011 at 12:12 AM   #13
UlteriorMtve

I have a feeling I'll be a disappointed with the ending of the series either way.

It can go one of two ways:

1) Ari can get back together with his wife, E can get back with Sloan and everything can go back to normal in typical Entourage style. This ending wouldn't be surprising at all but would fit the style of the show, with everything working out in the end.

2) They can have an unexpected ending that won't fit the show but will be satisfying in it's own way. This wouldn't match the first seasons of the show, which were by far the best but would continue the change in the show's style.

These are the only things I can see happening but who knows, maybe its too late for me to think of anything else they could do.

I just hope they don't taint the reputation of the show with a terrible season (*cough* Scrubs).

J. Dorey likes this.
Old 08-24-2011 at 01:02 AM   #14
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorMtve View Post

2) They can have an unexpected ending that won't fit the show but will be satisfying in it's own way. This wouldn't match the first seasons of the show, which were by far the best but would continue the change in the show's style.

For some reason, I can really see one of the characters dying. It may not be one of the main characters, but I can see someone who has been important to one of the major storylines dying.

Example: Mrs. Ari. Not saying she will, but it could be an example of an out-of-nowhere ending. For instance, just as things are getting better or worse, she suddenly dies (tragic...not to be confused some cheap cop-out) leaving Ari with nothing besides his kids.

That's just one example though. Any other ideas?

UlteriorMtve likes this.
Old 08-24-2011 at 03:36 AM   #15
siddiquo

Yeah, a death is definitely possible but why Mrs. Ari? It would have to be someone who really tied the show together. As great as she is, she's only relevant to Ari (who, let's face it, was one of the biggest reasons the show was/is successful). I read some comments somewhere suggesting Turtle's death, but that's irrelevant as hell. Aside from Vince or Drama dying, a real death wouldn't do much for the show at this point...