MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Envir Sci 1B03 Harlequin 1st Year Course Reviews 11 12-30-2014 10:35 PM
envir sc 1b03 lab Jesse.C Academics 7 01-28-2013 01:17 PM
Envir Sc 1b03 Jesse.C Academics 0 01-24-2013 03:47 PM
ENVIR SC 1A03 vs 1B03 jamiebenyovi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 06-03-2010 11:17 AM

Envir Sci 1b03?

Old 06-24-2014 at 03:02 PM   #1
waab

Liked: 0 Times

Envir Sci 1b03?
Ive chosen ENVIR SCI 1B03 as one of my electives this year but im not so sure that I want to take it anymore, could some upper years give me some input on how this course is, what the assignments are like and the content itself? Ive looked at the "course reviews" section on here but its mostly outdated stuff about it.
I initially chose ENVIR SCI 1B03 because i need to chose a faculty of science course in my 2nd year so i decided to just do it now instead, are there any other easier 2nd year science courses I should do next year and just chose another elective for my first year?

I'd appreciate any help on this!
Old 06-24-2014 at 07:02 PM   #2
kevin2016

Liked: 0 Times

Hey there. I did not take the course but have heard about it because I'm in SGES. I believe maybe contacting Luc Bernier, who is the professor, is the best idea. He was a pretty good prof, had him in some other courses and the guy was really good I thought. His lectures are a bit weird, being that sometimes they seem a little bit pointless but that was in Life Sci 2H03 and Env Sci 2EI3 so this course 1B03 not sure. I think it maybe involves a lot of labs and some math. One of them I think is a debate, a friend of mine has this course so I know a bit about it. Also, he likes his quizzes, so the course probably has that and iclicker for 10%. I know how he sort of tests too. Not sure if in this class, 1B03, but in the other two I've had with him he utilized case studies on the exam and you had to answer them based on your knowledge. So pretty much a guessing game but choose the most logical one as he says. The other part he usually does on exams is random short answer questions worth about 4 marks each. He usually asks you to draw a diagram of something or in that course I know my friend said there were some calculation questions. Overall, I would think that the course is pretty difficult considering it probably is a lot of math from what I sort of heard. Honestly email Luc or ask him if you can set up an appointment to see him and he can give you the rundown.