MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enviro 1A03 OR Microecon? Bio 1M03 or 1A03 first semester? Physics 1L03 OR 1B03? :$ lalalola2011 Academics 23 07-04-2012 10:44 AM
Question about Enviro Sci 1A03 CAHopeful Academics 9 05-30-2011 12:01 AM
Really useful powerpoint feature SciMania Academics 6 02-15-2011 04:27 PM

Enviro 1A03- question about class and powerpoint slides/podcasts

Old 07-03-2012 at 12:46 PM   #1
lalalola2011

Liked: 4 Times

Enviro 1A03- question about class and powerpoint slides/podcasts
Hey!
So i was wondering if anyone has powerpoints/podcasts from Enviro 1A03? that you can post here or link to me just so i can see if its something ill REALLY like

And for those who did take this class did you have to start watching the weather network or new channels regarding the weather? lol

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-03-2012 at 01:01 PM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalalola2011 View Post
Hey!
So i was wondering if anyone has powerpoints/podcasts from Enviro 1A03? that you can post here or link to me just so i can see if its something ill REALLY like

And for those who did take this class did you have to start watching the weather network or new channels regarding the weather? lol

Thanks in advance!
I don't think we're allowed to share the powerpoints but no we didn't have to start watching the Weather Network or any news channels regarding the weather.

lalalola2011 says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.
Old 07-03-2012 at 01:09 PM   #3
lalalola2011

Oh okay, just asked because i found everything from powerpoints to podcasts for one class (Microecon) randomly ended up finding them xP. And i dont know if i should take enviro or microecon.
But anyways, how did you find enviro to be? was it a lot of work? and if you dont mind me asking what did you end up with in that class?
Old 07-03-2012 at 01:17 PM   #4
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Oh okay, just asked because i found everything from powerpoints to podcasts for one class (Microecon) randomly ended up finding them xP. And i dont know if i should take enviro or microecon.
But anyways, how did you find enviro to be? was it a lot of work? and if you dont mind me asking what did you end up with in that class?
I've talked about this course a few times like in this thread here:
http://www.macinsiders.com/showpost.... &postcount=5

I didn't find it to be too work-heavy but then again I barely understood anything and studied what I was told will be on the exam and what needed to be done for the labs.
Old 07-03-2012 at 01:23 PM   #5
lalalola2011

Okay thanks!!!

And one more thing did you ever find it hard to not study? like extremely unmotivating?
Old 07-03-2012 at 01:35 PM   #6
anonanon987
Power Abuser

In the beginning of the course I tried really hard to grasp the concepts which were being introduced in class, and I even read the textbook, but I guess me and and this class didn't go well together.

After a few classes I noticed that someone was uploaded each of the lectures online, so I stopped trying to understand what Bernier was saying and just attended all of the lectures. Didn't understand the majority of the class except for the things which were discussed early on and near the end. Assessment wise though, this course was easy for me.

Please take what I say and what other people say with a grain of salt as the best judgement call you could make on a course is by yourself. Even if you have a slight interest in this course, you do all of the labs (to the best of your ability), seek help if and when needed..you'll be fine.

Throughout the course you will be given several hints on various topics which will be present on the exam, well if you have Bernier. All in all though, I wouldn't take this course again as I didn't get as much out of it as I'd personally like but that was partially my fault as well..
Old 07-03-2012 at 01:46 PM   #7
lalalola2011

Yeah that is true >>"take what I say and what other people say with a grain of salt", i wonder if i wait till the end of term 1 if i will be able to find a spot in microecon, cuz i am a very mathy person. And since mircro has quite a bit of math im just puzzled with which one to take.
Old 07-03-2012 at 01:51 PM   #8
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Yeah that is true >>"take what I say and what other people say with a grain of salt", i wonder if i wait till the end of term 1 if i will be able to find a spot in microecon, cuz i am a very mathy person. And since mircro has quite a bit of math im just puzzled with which one to take.
Econ 1B03 didn't have as much Math in it as I'd like there to be. I've heard a few members on these forums mention that upper year Economics is much more "Mathy" and that makes sense to me. I liked Econ 1B03 over Econ 1BB3 simply because of the teaching style Holmes used and before you ask, I got a 12 and 11 in those two respectively.
Old 07-03-2012 at 02:03 PM   #9
lalalola2011

"before you ask" LOL! thanks! x)
And gahh i think ill stick with enviro since i havnt heard of anyone doing bad in the class, only that its extremely boring at time. And ill see how my friends do in microecon and maybe take it second year . Since, other than Enviro i dont think there are any other "easy" elective courses to take.
Old 07-03-2012 at 02:04 PM   #10
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
"before you ask" LOL! thanks! x)
And gahh i think ill stick with enviro since i havnt heard of anyone doing bad in the class, only that its extremely boring at time. And ill see how my friends do in microecon and maybe take it second year . Since, other than Enviro i dont think there are any other "easy" elective courses to take.
You're quite welcome . Good luck with whatever courses you choose first year, and I hope you have a good school year ahead of you!

lalalola2011 says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.

lalalola2011 likes this.
Old 07-03-2012 at 02:11 PM   #11
lalalola2011

haha THANK YOU!!!!! !!!!!!