MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
question about deffered exam mailosap Academics 1 04-16-2011 07:56 PM
deferred exam question... iiinvesting Academics 1 04-11-2011 01:48 PM
Deferral AztekEscobar Academics 7 11-02-2010 06:09 PM
Exam Deferral Question, Science faculty solonavi Academics 6 04-27-2009 07:29 AM
Final Exam Deferral Question (Commerce Program) blooreema Academics 1 04-17-2009 02:37 AM

Exam Deferral Question

Old 04-22-2011 at 10:12 AM   #1
robots

Liked: 40 Times

Exam Deferral Question
Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding exam deferral. My sister has been in critical condition in the hospital for the past three days. She will likely be in the hospital for at least three more. As a result of this, I have been unable to get any sleep let alone a chance to study for an upcoming exam. I was wondering if you guys think that Office of the Registrar/Humanities Department will be sympathetic at all to my situation. I have a feeling they won't, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-22-2011 at 10:46 AM   #2
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

They definitely will. My reason was a funeral, and they didn't even ask how I was related. They'll let you defer for sure.

robots says thanks to Amaryll for this post.
Old 04-22-2011 at 12:49 PM   #3
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

If this is your first time deferring without a medical note (via sickness), im 100% they will let you defer it. I hope your sister is fine.
Old 04-23-2011 at 09:16 PM   #4
yut24

Liked: 2 Times

They're pretty lenient about it as long as you have proof. Good luck
Old 04-23-2011 at 10:52 PM   #5
BeAll_EndAll

Liked: 57 Times

Hope all goes well for you.

They will let you defer it for sure, as long as you go to talk to them and have some proof.

Good luck
Old 04-23-2011 at 11:48 PM   #6
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I think they will be okay with it, especially if this is your first time deferring an exam (if you had like 4 or 5 deferrals, they might be suspicious). I'm guessing you will need some kind of paper proof, but I don't know what that would be in this situation.
You can also talk to a counsellor at CSD, they are very helpful with this kind of thing. They will tell you what proof you need, who to talk to to defer, etc.