MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Request a Course Waiver goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 1 06-20-2010 09:01 PM
Can profs give permission to write an exam early upon request? blenicnl Academics 3 11-07-2009 12:50 PM
Course review request - LABOUR STUDIES 1A03 and 1C03 p4lyfe12 Academics 2 09-03-2009 09:18 AM
Triple Room Request omzar First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 05-25-2008 02:52 PM

Exam Review Request??

Old 03-11-2010 at 11:42 AM   #1
sun.shine

Liked: 2 Times

Exam Review Request??
Have any of you reviewed your final exam?

I heard you have to write a letter to the director of the faculty to view it. I did really well on the exam for one of my course but when i got my marks updated on mugsi..... that's where things started going down the hill. I'm not too sure how all this works so any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-11-2010 at 11:49 AM   #2
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Formally, yes you'd have to contact your department to view your final exam. However you may be able to avoid this hassle by meeting directly with the professor.

Try sending your professor an email to inquire. If they're not willing or able to meet with you, I'm sure they'll direct you to the appropriate place.
Old 03-11-2010 at 07:04 PM   #3
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I've viewed my previous exams by meeting with professors. They're usually pretty helpful and they will tell you to come by their office hours.
Old 03-11-2010 at 07:15 PM   #4
sun.shine

The prof is out of country till like mid-april. I don't know if i should wait for him till then or go ahead with the viewing process with a different representative.

I don't know if i should email him about this now.

Is it possible that the prof accidently input some other student's mark under my student number?
Old 03-11-2010 at 07:30 PM   #5
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

It's possible that your prof messed up, highly unlikely, but possible. Is this regarding a first semester course mark? Why didn't you get your mark checked with the prof sooner rather than wait until near the end of the second semester? Maybe you can contact the instructional assistant for the course and ask to check your mark.
Old 03-11-2010 at 07:36 PM   #6
sun.shine

I'll try contacting instructional assistant (if there is one for this course).

Last edited by sun.shine : 03-11-2010 at 08:05 PM.